Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
About Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping

Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping features cabins and sites for all types of campers. From modest supersaver sites (for those on a budget) up to large RV sites (sewer, water & 50 amp electric), Mill Creek campground has it all. From beautiful basic cabins, up to 3-bedroom, 2-story loft cabins with bathrooms. Over 200 acres of woods and a mile of shoreline, viewing the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinac Bridge. Voted one of Michigan's top family friendly destinations by the Detroit News. A favorite vacation spot for thousands of summer visitors to the Mackinaw area for over 50 years!

Price
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 70 ft.
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping is located in Michigan
Directions
Location of Campground We are located 2 1/2 miles South East of the Mackinac Bridge on US Hwy 23. Once you are heading south on US Hwy 23, we have lots of directional signs. You will have no problem finding us. Note: Even the Google Map below tends to jump around with our location from time to time. Physical Address of Campground If using our physical address with your GPS device or with Internet maps such as Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, Bing Maps or Mapquest, double check your results against our map posted here. Many online and GPS maps give the wrong locations for our office. If you head south from Mackinaw City on US Hwy 23 you will have no problem finding us within the first 2 1/2 miles. 9730 US Hwy 23, Mackinaw City, MI 49701 Directions to Campground Coming north or south on I-75? Just follow the signs to US 23 South and go 2 1/2 miles south of Mackinaw City on US Hwy 23. (Don't worry, there are plenty of campground signs along the way.)
43 Reviews of Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping
Beautiful Park on the Lake

We enjoyed our time at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping! We stay a week and stayed on two different sites and loved both, but the lake front view was definitely the best. Great view of the bridge and island! Beautiful Sunsets! Biggest campground we have ever stayed at. They pack them in-small sites, but run like a well oiled machine. The store had all the items we needed or forgot. We were close to the bike trail that went into Mackinaw City, it was a 3 miles to town. Definitely worth the drive!!

Sandy Beaches and Good Times

We stayed here toward the end of October, I believe we were the last folks on our section of the park. The park is located a short 5 min drive to Mackinaw City and about 15 from the UP. The spaces were level, large and well maintained. Wi-Fi was great ($8 per day for 4 devices). Bathrooms and showers were ok. The beach front sites looked amazing but windy and it was getting cold so we did not spend much time there. Staff was great and very accommodating. AT&T cell signal was very good. They had a lot of bikes to rent and a camp store, unfortunately it was all closed for the season while we were there.

Bait and switch

I can see a scenario in which this earns a great rating but not from me. Booked a large RV site described as being close to the lake. Was about as far from the lake as possible and average size at best. Heavy rain our one night there - not their fault but the poor drainage is. Walked into a lake when I opened our door.

Worse though was the customer service. They don’t give a **** about you.

If you can get a tent site on the lake you’d hVe the polar opposite experience as me.

Good camp store, lots of lakefront acreage to explore, lots of amenities. Again, could be great but not for us.

Best Gateway to Mackinac!

Unless you have a site on the water, these are pretty plain and not necessarily hammock friendly. This campground is best to be used as a stepping stone to see the local things.

Local? The island! The forts! So much more! (FYI: there is a family pass for historic sites good for a year. It was worth it for one year’s visit; however, we bought it Aug 2019 and used it again July 2020!)

The campground? Yes, you can ride your bike for hours! You can picnic on the water! Swim in a pool! Play basketball! Rent a buggy/bike! Play mini golf!

Covid-19 issues: the Firetruck ride is not working. They closed the arcade.

Great time!

We spent 3 days on a rustic site. It was great! It down poured the last night we were there and there was a LOT of flooding. Outside of that and the bathrooms that seemed to be in desperate need of attention, no complaints Excellent view of the bridge and such nice open fire pits near the beach for all to enjoy

One of our favs

This is now on our annual list of camp sites. Clean and just a short ride to Mackinac city, the bridge, and a ton of other attractions. Not tiny but not so big that you feel overcrowded. There is a shuttle to the ferry on site, a nice pool, and enough to keep the kids busy. Perfect little beach with a clear view of the bridge and amazing sunsets. Love this site.

Perfect for any type of camping

This is our second year at Mill Creek and we absolutely love it! Very well laid out and the staff here is amazing and friendly!

Surprised

This is not my kind of camping but my kids begged for a pool and I wanted to break up the long drive. Stayed one night. First of all I am impressed they have sites for every budget! We got a rustic saver site for $19 a night and while further away from stuff we had access to whole park. Next time I am splurging for sites with bridge view! Sites are small but trees keep it feeling private. I was very impressed and you can beat a campground in this area! Free shuttle into town.

Great!

Great campground, right on the lake.

Great location

Our site overlooked Mackinac Bridge which was beautiful at night. The place has shuttles to the ferries and you can pre-purchase tickets. Good amenities and the dump area is efficient and clean.

Only negative is the firetruck that goes by every 15min that the kids love but we hated the siren and bells while we were trying to relax by the fire.

They rent bikes which I'd encourage to see the area and to ride to the historic mill.

I've stayed there twice and definitely will again!

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift