The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Parsonsburg , MARYLAND

Most Recent Parsonsburg Camping Reviews
Nature nature nature

The woods are full of nature and diverse. species. We counted over 17 different species of fungi in a 25 foot stretch! I loved staying in the beautiful cabins and enjoying the nature strolls. Would most definitely return.

Peaceful spot

We only stayed on Assateague for 1 night on our way down the east coast. We camped on the bayside which had a really pretty view of the marsh and large camp sites. No electric hookup or water which is expected for winter camping, we managed without for the night. We took a ride over to the ocean camp sites and found some horses! Worth a stop just for the simplicity of it all!

Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

A good small park and campground

We stayed one night in a small cabin. It was cosy and warm on a cold night for fall. The cabins are clean and tidy and the campground is well run. It’s small and the sites are quite close together. There is a good trail around the campground, not long because it’s a small park, but the views of and access to the river are lovely.

Campground review

Important for guest

Trails end has gate with campground I.d. or sticker access. There are bath houses, laundromat, country store, restaurant, meeting building with free wifi, pool park, boat ramp, and 2 docks, electric hook up ( contact ANEC) water hook up. Sewer dump stations and no trash or trash pick up. Office staff can be annoying and have personal politics. Maintenance/Utility Department available. Yearly residence in campground and seasonal. NASA and DOD does fly over for training but not often and it's not annoying. Can have gulf carts. Office Maintenance Pool hall store and landurmat are spread thru out the campground. Bath houses all over the campground. Private security does not bother.

Great campground

Great place!

Family has been going for 30+ years. Not a lot of activities, but they do have waterfront camping along with good views of the Assateague lighthouse. Closest campground to the annual pony swim.