The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Ocean City , MARYLAND

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Ocean City Camping Reviews
Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

Campground review

Important for guest

Trails end has gate with campground I.d. or sticker access. There are bath houses, laundromat, country store, restaurant, meeting building with free wifi, pool park, boat ramp, and 2 docks, electric hook up ( contact ANEC) water hook up. Sewer dump stations and no trash or trash pick up. Office staff can be annoying and have personal politics. Maintenance/Utility Department available. Yearly residence in campground and seasonal. NASA and DOD does fly over for training but not often and it's not annoying. Can have gulf carts. Office Maintenance Pool hall store and landurmat are spread thru out the campground. Bath houses all over the campground. Private security does not bother.

Great campground

Great place!

Family has been going for 30+ years. Not a lot of activities, but they do have waterfront camping along with good views of the Assateague lighthouse. Closest campground to the annual pony swim.

Great Family Campground

Tall Pines Harbor is a great place for a family with kids. Management was very welcoming — the park does themed weekends throughout the entire year. Surprisingly enough, the campground was very quiet for being booked the entire weekend. Pets are welcome, everyone was friendly, and there is a lot of socializing opportunities at this park.

Exactly what we hoped for

Friendly staff, well maintained. Signs explained what could be done instead of what not to do.

At the end of the day nothing beat waking to horses grazing in our camp. Exactly what we were hoping for.

Wish we had two weeks instead of two days.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!

So much to do at this park

We were only able to stay one night here, but I guarantee we’ll be back to enjoy all this place has to offer. There are multiple trails (red is the longest), a disc golf course, and of course, the pond for water activities. Our campsite was quite spacious even with two cars in the lot.