The best RV SITES camping near
Hellen Creek Estates , MARYLAND

Most Recent Hellen Creek Estates Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

Maryland’s Everglades

With our site near the water, the first wondrous experience was a beautiful sunset, the like you will have a hard time finding in most of the Eastern U.S. To see more of the sunsets and the island, the observation tower near the camp store is a plus. The fire roads laid out in a grid along with all the mucky black drainage ditches are eyesores, but I learned some plant lore and met a very showy holly tree while hiking the whitetail trail. The island with birds of many feather is a great show. Sitting with binoculars on the campground side, I saw a snowy egret, a white heron, and a great blue heron all within the circle of my binocular viewing angle. Many others caught my eye while in flight. Be sure to bring binoculars!

Great campground hidden away in the city. Clean sites include table and fire pit. Restrooms were clean, closed daily for cleaning between 1 pm - 3 pm. Two showers were included but didn’t use it so not sure about pressure or heat. The ranger delivers firewood to your site within about 10-15 min of calling, which was very convenient. Cost was $5 for 8 logs. Dump station and trash were just outside of the loop. Site 6 was good but not for larger rigs. We have a pop up and had to navigate around a tree that would have been very difficult for larger rigs. Site 5 or 7 wouldn’t have that problem. Bring bug and tick spray - definitely need it! We hiked the brown trail and it was a nice walk. We have AT&T and had two bars pretty consistently. We would stay here again.

too many, too close.

Good Sam recommends this campground?

Location on river/bay is good (hence the two stars).

Bathhouses are in disrepair (lost a star).

River is spilling onto some sites (lost a star).

Too many Mobile homes and campers on top of each other, most old (lost a star).

I wish I had loved it.

Perfect

We’re here for opening weekend and aside from the unseasonable cold this campground is nicely perfect for us. Sites are nicely sized and spaced out. Bathhouse is in very nice condition. Looking forward to the weekend warming up.

I love this place

Been going since a few months old, always stayed in Hoffman in a pop up. Tried greens loop 1 time in tent double site with 12 ppl that's a good loop if u want alot of sun. In recent years I've been staying in cabins they are all gone now. So we will be trying tents again until we get camper and can then do full hook up. I feel spiritually connected to this place met alot of out going staff and campers even daily beach go'ers. Use to spray for mosquitoes but havent seen trucks in a few years. Have a visitor center, peir, beach and lighthouse that was just renovated, and was open 1st sat of every month april through November. Use to have hay rides around Halloween and haunted trails or something but not in along time. June was blue and grey days civil war events. Fire wood $5 a box. Park store is open during summer and pandemic but not visitor center or store out by peir hasn't been in years but restrooms are. Has a boat launch and fish cleaning station. Dont get hurt takes fire a lifetime to respond 45 mins for broken leg but that was 20 years ago. But they oldschool respond to station then call but they doing the best all volunteer. Brush fire last year they were there in 10.

Cabin 24

Cabin 24 is a 2BR/1BA cinderblock cabin with waterfront views and large yard space. One room has two bunk beds, dresser, shelving, a lamp, and two night stands. Other room has a queen bed, shelving, a lamp, night stand, and dresser. Fireplace and screened in porch are lovely. There’s a fire pit and picnic table, and plenty of parking space.

More details on the cabin to follow!

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Dont go on the weekends

It is a really nice park but the weekends get extremely busy. The beach area especially. You might be able to have some space to yourself at the fossil beach (nice sharks teeth) but that can get busy too.

State Park Plus Beach

Basic state park, does have some extras like a beach, fishing pier and crabbing piers. Lots of people on the weekend but the weeks are nice. Piers attached to campground are nice but can also get crowded.