The best WALK IN camping near
Creekmore , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Creekmore Camping Reviews
Decent.

I was a little underwhelmed compared to what I was expecting from camping at a national park. The positives are the cheap rates and there are bathroom and shower facilities. If you want old fashion tent camping the park does have some backcountry campsites.

The cons are the lack of actual campsites. They are more like parking spaces. Probably to appeal to the people who use campers. The noise of the highway was constant and annoying.

Overall I enjoyed my time staying here. Wish I could have done more backcountry camping but the weather didn't permit it.

Pretty good campground overall

It's a pretty good campground overall, stayed there 2 or 3 times with my son's Cub Scout/Boy Scout pack. Generally it's a pretty quiet campground that doesn't see quite as much camping as you might expect from a state park. It's got a tiny gift store so it would be recommended that you either bring your own food and drinks or you can take a ride to either Williamsburg or LaFollette to stock up on items for your stay.

USFS Remote Campground

The lost cove campground can be found deep in the wilderness of the Cherokee National Forest outside of Benton, TN. The campground is operated and maintained by the USFS. Once leaving the pavement of the main road and traversing a well maintained gravel road for 7 miles you will reach the Lost Cove Campground. A portion of campground adjoins a small creek. The creek can be used for shallow water wading or fishing. During our visit in Mid January there were no other visitors at the campground. The campground offers concrete picnic tables, lantern post, a pit toilet and bear safe trash receptacles. There is no potable water available from a spicket and no Verizon cell reception.

Best campsite of our trip

Overall: A+

All around excellent experience from the check in with the Park Ranger, choice of lake view spots, nice bath house, and quiet location. Even with the short trip off the Interstate the side was quiet and scenic.

There are a number of sites either right on or with lake views. The bath house was clean and warm and very accessible to most RV stalls. The water at the stall was off, as expected, as we were there in Late December.

I plan on stay at this site again, so should you.

Great Spot on Norris Lake

Loyston Point is a great campground on Norris Lake, which is known as one of the nicest lakes around. The campground has multiple lakefront sites, as well as lake view, and several wooded sites, if you are looking for more seclusion. There’s also some small cabins. Something for everyone here!

One thing to be aware of- not all the sites have a water spigot, several spots have a shared spigot, so he sure you have a really long hose if you are camping in an rv. I was in site 50, and was in between the spigots, so I’m not sure my hose would have reached if I were in my camper. Other than that, the campground is amazing. Bathhouses were extremely clean and maintained. Sites were spacious, lots of trees, even on the lakefront sites. Just beautiful.

This area is big for mountain biking also. There’s a parking lot with restrooms and I can almost guarantee it will be full of MTB riders. So much to do here all year round.

Best for Mtn biking

Can’t beat the biking, hiking and water sports! Clean and nice showers. Steps from biking. We stayed at a site right on the water. Not super private but the area and activities make up for the lack of privacy. And whatever you do make sure you visit the Clinch River Brewery just a short drive away.

Lots to see!

We stayed at the main area but not much space or privacy so we put up a tent out side our door, but then moved to the tent camping site area the second night which was more secluded and private, but still close to the showers/bath house. So much hiking and a cool view of the dam is all within walking distance. Nice bath rooms and showers too.

Clean, good views, level sites

Great campground with very friendly and helpful rangers. Was pretty empty the night we were there. Very cool tent camping spots right on the small lake and RV spots all pretty much have a lake view. Full hookups and dump when you exit the campground. They do not have water at the sites in the winter. Bathrooms were clean enough and the showers were hot. Would definitely come back. Many trailheads near the campsite but the weather was bad when we were there. Drone photos courtesy of SweetDroneChicago on Instagram

First Snow Camping!!

Having a blast. We are spending 14 days camping here. Explored the area before the snow hit. Great hiking trails. Nice, large campsites, not too close to your neighbors…but fairly typical. Nice big bathroom ( 2 stalls - 1 handicap). Big handicap accessible open room shower. Had to put towel at bottom of door to stop drafts. Hot water…not that hot…could be warmer. Large bench in shower room and hooks for clothes. Small bench seat in shower as well.

Camping is first-come…first-served…no wood for sale at park…but you can buy from anywhere in Lee County. Paddy's Gas Station about 1 mile from here sells wood for $5 for a good size bundle and other necessities.

Hikes for all levels…easy and strenuous.

Very impressed how quickly and often they came through to scrape the roads once the snow started. We got 6-8 inches on Christmas Eve….and next day park roads were passable…without 4wd. 58 looked great.

All in all this is a great place to camp. Everyone around is so nice and polite. Food City is grocery store in nearby Middlesboro, KY that has awesome cafe for buying hot food meals. Great food! Takes 10-15 minutes to get there. Plenty of fast food options there too.

Very convenient location…well kept park. Try it! You'll like it!

We stayed in the A loop, site 26, for one night in early December. The ranger was very friendly when we checked in. The site was a great site for winter camping, since the loop beside it was closed for the season (so there was only one neighbor). In other seasons, there would lots of neighbors around this site and as the site says, the view is on the drivers side. The restroom/showers were just up a little hill from this site and were very clean, heated and with plenty of hot water. We were just there for an overnight stay, so we didn’t see much of the area, but felt it was a great spot for an overnight not far from I-75.