Annville, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Annville Camping Reviews
Red River Gorge

I thought it was a little too crowded for my liking. I prefer sites a little more secluded though. Still enjoyed my stay.

I loved site 48 at Cliffy Campground. It was the most secluded spot we could find. Definitely book ahead of time if you can.

Beautiful place

The falls here are great ! The hiking is good, the only thing is the markers are a little confusing . When we went some of the trails where closed and it was unclear on the trail markers where to go. The facilities where good except the bathrooms where closed . The rest was clean and the staff was very knowledgeable.

Cute but noisy!

This campground has decent facilities and some shaded areas. The reason for my low rating is that it’s 11:00 pm and someone is singing karaoke. I mean loud, amplified country music sung badly. The current track is The Gambler, and I can hear it clearly over the music on my cell phone speaker. Very noisy campground on busy weekends, it seems. Bring earplugs. Unless you like to get drunk and sing Willie Nelson. Then you’ll fit right in.

Not sure we’ll come back

We were not very impressed with the campground. The water and electric hookups on some sites are very from from the pads. We had to park our trailer close to the hookups which means we are just barely off the road. The sites are very small and some of them are very unlevel. Unfortunately not sure we would come back.

Fun, good food, lots of people

Miguel’s is a cute and family friendly place where lots of campers gather. Is like camping in a backyard

Not bad

We stayed in the H area. All the areas before H appeared to have sewer hookup but we didn't. Simple playground nearby as well as a basketball court. Nets needed to be replaced but hey, it's not the YMCA. Bath houses close to us. Not super clean but not dirty. Spots were pull through so that was a plus. Pretty unlevel though. Bring lots of blocks. Burn ban in effect so no campfires but it was a good precaution to take for sure. Might visit there again but definitely want sewer hookup and will take more blocks.

Walk through history

Fort Boonesborough SP is near I64 and I75 Between Lexington and Richmond , Ky. The Kentucky River is adjacent. I remember watching Daniel Boone in black and white when I was a kid. The Fort is very cool.

I imagine the staff here stays very busy considering the amount of people that pass through. Then there are those visitors that try to get the most for their money and stuff as many people as possible into one site. And my favorite, the ones that think it’s someone else’s responsibility to clean up their trash. So here’s a shout out to the people that do their best to keep it working and try to keep a professional smile on their face while putting up with the less then polite visitors.

Alrighty then…..nice enough busy campground with some sites definitely more preferable then others. Knowing the campground and reserving ahead always makes your stay better. We visited in the off season so did not have to worry about the crowds. Showerhouse was adequate and the sites reasonably level. Sort of a “every available spot” used kinda campground and I would not want to stay here when it is at full capacity. I’m here for the hiking mostly and enjoyed the trails and bridges. The Fort was VERY cool. If my kids were still at home this would definitely be a field trip location! In the area is the Beer Cheese Trail check it out!

Good little spot

We have been here before . It is secluded enough and nice .

In the middle

This was a new camping area for us . The views are good the camping was not as great.

Wonderful beautiful place

The park is wonderful with great view a truly nice place .

Great spot!

I thought this campground was very nice! The camp hosts were very friendly and the spots were nice and secluded. The campground had bathrooms and showers. Close to laurel lake and close to the marina. Corbin is nearby also, where the original KFC is by the way! Also check out Cumberland falls in the area!!

Daniel Boone National Forest

Loved this campground! Was near the red river gorge, which is such a beautiful area. Also, if you camp here, go check out nada tunnel! This is a must do in my opinion. This campground had very secluded sites, bathrooms and showers!

A good camping spot

Big South Fork is a good place to stay anywhere in the park . It is truly a beautiful place . It is also great for family.

Beautiful place

This is a great place for the family. The hike have great views, the facilities are clean and well kept. The personal there is wonderful.

Fantastic Hiking to Natural Bridges; Dispersed Camping

Basic dispersed camping on Tunnel Ridge Rd managed by National Forest Service. No fee, but you do need a permit which you can buy at nearby town. Camping is in the forest, so lots of shade. There is no water. Trash disposal and vault toilets at the parking lots at trailheads. Many trails to view natural arches and bluff top / river views. This area attracts climbers and a few arrived around midnight, but weren't too noisy.

Quiet and Simple

This Corp of Engineer campground is a small quiet lakeside getaway. Our site was $25 per night with water and electricity hookup. No full hookups here and several tent only sites. No issues and overall a very quiet place. Showers were clean but kinda small as usual. The only drawback is climbing all the steps to get to them. However, there is one handicapped accessible shower/toilet with handicap parking. Nothing fancy about this place but the lake view, privacy, and sounds of nature make up for anything posh. Will definitely stay again.

Great place

Great place to camp stayed there for a week and was great I think campsite 31 or 30 and it was back at the corner by itself and shady and kinda secluded

Hot

It’s a hot place with no electric hookups at $12 a night and $100 for a yearly pass and a proposed raise to $20 a night is a joke. Guess we won’t be camping there anymore,,, if we gonna pay that price I’ll go to where there is electric even if it’s a little more pricey

Picturesque Bourbon Country

What an amazing stop & RV Park!!!!

We were in the area for a wedding and looking for something to do and Three Trees more than fit the bill.  We called a day or two ahead to reserve kayaks. We had a 4hr rental beginning at 11am, but were told there maybe some flexibility if we wanted to start early depending on other reservations.

We got into town earlier than expected and went over at 9:30 expecting to hang out in the picnic area or hike around to kill time, but the owners met us out front and got us straight on the water.  They were so nice and accommodating, it blew us away.  The RV park (full hookups) was very neatly kept and there are clean sizable shower/bathrooms at the office.

A fantastic experience. We'd do it again if we return to the area.

Cozy, Friendly, and Perfectly Situated

Whittleton Campground is the perfect spot for the Red River Gorge Area. It's not overly large, which means no overcrowding. It's located by a stream producing water, and pleasant sounds to sleep by. It has a couple of trailheads near the campground so if you don't feel like driving out, you can still get some exercise. Amenities were clean and comfortable.

Okay tent site

Got here just after dark. Was a bit difficult finding the office. The office was closed but they left me information on my assigned site and a map. The tent sites are off a gravel, poorly maintained path that was difficult to locate in the dark. The site itself was okay but on a hill. The location was convenient and my pup enjoyed using the enclosed dog area to run around.

Beautiful, quiet, very nice staff

Whittleton Sites are level, not huge, well kept. Good mix of shade and sun. Small creek runs behind camper and tent sites. we plan on returning in a month for the fall leaves.

Super clean and well kept.

This site was awesome. Super clean, located right in the center of most of the good trailheads for the red river gorge area. A little on the cramped side if all of the sites are full you will be a little close to other campers, luckily it was not full when I went so that was not an issue. Drinking water and running water near the sites and plenty of restrooms close by. No showers near our site but we didn't stay long enough for that to be an issue.

Riders Paradise

S Tree campground in McKee KY is great for trail riding! Multiple trials to venture on. The campsites are huge with available fire pits and restrooms. First come first serve basis. This is a free campsite with no electricity available.

The Sweet Spot

Turkey Foot Campground in McKee KY off of highway 587 is perfect for campers who like to rough it, but also likes to have a labratory near by. This is a free campsite with no electricity available. My kind of camping!

There is a river with in walking distance of all campsites for swimming, fishing and river walking!

Best staff, super clean, lots of activities

Easy pull through RV sites, some with patios, some extra room, mostly shaded. Kids enjoyed the pool, Gaga ball, playground, jumping pillow, and passport activities. Overall an excellent stay!

Entrance and exit are a bit steep, just take it slow :)

Great glamping spot

This is very good for a family that wants to camp. We stayed in the primitive campsite and it was clean and quiet. The grocery store and showers where very close by. They offer the opportunity to rent a golf cart for $25 a week. Fishing is also great!

Good Campground

Good Campground. Bath house were clean.

Awesome Campground

Campground is awesome. Very clean and a lot of great amenities