Annville, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Annville Camping Reviews
Princess Arch

Princess Arch is at the Red River George in, KY. This is a primitive camping area. Princess Arch offers 105ft of elevation and is a quick 0.6 mi hike from the parking loop. There are bathrooms and trash bins at the parking loop.

Pick up your parking pass at the Shell gas station at 12187 Campton rd, Stanton, KY. A three days pass is $5.

Great climbing, better pizza

It's hard to pass up a site like this with all the amenities it provides at a reasonable price. Showers, laundromat, and gear storage. The climbing community is great, and the pizza is wonderful

Beautiful scenic area. Great camping and hiking spot.reccomrnded

Would definitely reccomened this place for great hiking. And the natural beauty makes the walking absolutely awesome.

Excellent campground

An excellent campground for almost anyone.

Moonbow!

I went to see the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls SP, unfortunately it was overcast but still very cool. The campground was on a little bit of a hill. The sites were good size. I set up my trailer tent and had lots of room. The facilities were well maintained and the campground was shaded and quiet. There were trails to hike and smaller falls to enjoy. The main falls are near the trailhead for several trails. There is a visitors center and education center by the falls and a picnic area across the road.

Loved the hike

So much to do and see at Natural Bridge SP. Hoedown Island , the Skylift , the natural bridge , Fat Mans Misery and several other awesome trails , sites to see.

The campgrounds Whittleton and Middle Fork are newer but short on shade. Middle Fork is the larger area. Tent areas in both campgrounds. The thing I don’t care for at the park is all the areas are spread out.

Hideaway says it all

First impression was not your typical campground. This is a climbers haven, so expect to see a lot of “down to earth”, modern “hippie” types in their converted/or not vans.

There are limited 30 amp sites and several sites with electric. Lazy Oaks and Piney are in the trees, Cardinal which is good for larger RVs is in the field , no shade. Then there are two wide open fields where you can set up wherever you please and a new area under construction as of Fall 2019. They are also constructing a new showerhouse. I spoke with the office ladies and they are pretty flexible with accommodating campers. The trails on site are being cleared. And there is breakfast for guests on certain mornings and a “shack” and pavilion for all to use. I stayed in the red roof cabin which was small but pretty awesome. Full kitchen, bathroom, gas fireplace heater and loft w/three beds. Then there’s the porch overlooking the little lake. There are several cabins of varying size to rent, one with a HOT TUB! Definitely worth a visit. Natural Bridge State Park is nearby as well as several adventure based businesses.

Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Red River Gorge

I thought it was a little too crowded for my liking. I prefer sites a little more secluded though. Still enjoyed my stay.

I loved site 48 at Cliffy Campground. It was the most secluded spot we could find. Definitely book ahead of time if you can.