The best TENT SITES camping near
Bassett , KANSAS

Most Recent Bassett Camping Reviews
Quiet camping

Stayed here Father’s Day weekend in 2018.

Such a beautiful place to stay

We go here every year with family, The little trails from the campsites to the lake are amazing! There are little sand bars along the way to get into the water. There are trees at every campsite. Most campsites are nestled into the trees from the road making a beautiful Escape! The showers are very nice and they are free. Bathrooms are kept very nice as well!

Peaceful and convenient

Great primitive spot near the front with no electric but water within walking distance. Remote and lovely

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Quiet weekend

Campground was quite and clean. Very nice playground in the area. Bath house was clean too. We stayed the second weekend in October.

Serenity

My husband and I, and our 2 dogs stayed here this evening. We picked a spot right on the point of the cove where we could see all of the lake and its beauty! Sat by our campfire and watched the gorgeous sunset. An evening/night of peace and quiet.

Love this small, quiet, beautiful campground

This campground offers a quiet out of the way experience. There are only 15 sites, about half of which are electric and water. There are no modern restrooms or showers but there are several vaulted toilets that are cleaned quite frequently. Nestled below the dam this is a hidden gem. I camped here on Labor Day and the park was full. Prior recons of this park were only half full or less. This park sits on the Elk City Lake. It has modern (brand new) playgrounds, basketball courts, and even a sand volleyball court. The sites are spaced well apart from each other and I never heard much of my neighbors. You can only book this campground through recreation.gov. you wont be disappointed!

Off the Trail

Nice and clean. Friendly hosts. Lots of trees, birds and water views. Offers primitive and electric hookups. Showers, bathroom, water stations. Picnic tables and fire ring/grill. I would stay here again.

Nice fall camping

We had a nice weekend stay at this lake. We booked site #210, and were happy with the amenities. Fire ring with built in grill worked well. Luckily the lake wasn’t crowded, so we had lots of space to ourselves. Lake staff were pleasant Nice views of the lake, but not very good shore access from where we were at. However at the end of the campsite was a nice fishing dock. The took a short hike and the trail was well maintained. All in all, we found it to be a nice stay and fairly close to home.