Camping in Jackson

207 Reviews of 115 Jackson, Iowa Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Great County Park!

Beautiful little lake. Nice beach area. Camping sites pretty level. Park has free WiFi.

S
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Near the Amana Colony.

Nice being near the town. Camp ground wide open feel, because not many large trees yet. Enjoyed our stay there.

l
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Nice place

I called at the last minute. No answer , left a message. Mike called back within 5 minutes! Nice guy, gave us a spot. When we got there, he gave us our choice of 2 spots! Nice looking pool, but we didn’t use it. So nice after a looong day of traveling!

Phillip B.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Spectacular view of the lake!

West overlook provides some of the best views of the lake from your own campsite. Campsites here only offer electric hook ups but do provide showers and bathrooms.

SiteW62
Phillip B.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great sights and clean

This is a great campground has full hook up sites and other sites have electric and water. Very short walk to the overflow of the dam. People are friendly facilities are clean.

SiteT14
L
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Beautiful River

Stop here on a whim. Loved the view of the the Mississippi River. But, the trains going by during the night was a bit annoying. Though, would not stop me from camping here again.

• Mighty Mississippi
Andi A.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Relaxing beautiful

This is a great quiet park with animals for visiting and a very clean shower house.

Susanjoy P.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Bear & Sue's Big Adventure

We are living it. A great place Hills Access Campground. We have a great spot for our tent. The firepit & extra rack for charcoal coffee from the teapot. Quiet days and nights. Full or just a few if us. We love The Rangers Aaron and Charlie. You're the greatest. We've yet to go…

• love the birds.  trying to spot the owl
  • ant. "move a rubber tree plant."
  • our road in
D
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great stay!!

This was our first Jellystone experience and will not be our last!! Great campground and an amazing staff!! Our kids had so much fun!!

Dexter R.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

What to do

Not sure as to prices they keep changing

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Quiet, clean, comfortable

Car camping in my Prius and wanted to stay in a non electric (ie tent) space for $12 but all the tent spaces didn’t seem to have anywhere flat to park. From what I could see, most of the nonelectric/tent were down at the bottom of slopes. Ended up paying the $18 and staying in a nice electric spot…

Chris D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

My favorite campground

This quant little campground is my favorite. There's plenty of room between sites in the electric section and there's even more room along the river in the primitive section, which is my personal favorite. The bathroom /shower house is the nicest & cleanest I've seen. The camp host's are very…

SiteP4
Danni J.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Good hiking & fishing!

Lots of intense trails to explore but some tree were in the way due to a past storm. Close to cedar river for awesome fishing!

Alan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Little Brear is just right!

Very conveniently located off I-80, Fair price, full hook up and pull through site $33.00.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Gorgeous state park!

To start off, Backbone State Park is one of the most gorgeous parks I’ve ever visited. It’s so beautiful, with plenty of challenging and scenic trails and lots of wildlife. The only reason I didn’t give it five stars is the campgrounds (we stayed at Six Pines). I’ll go into more detail below.…