Weller's Subdivision , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Weller's Subdivision Camping Reviews
Not what you’d expect

More of a yard style, open camping. No privacy. Lots of kids everywhere. No alcohol allowed. Packed during the day at the beach. Ok trails.

Nice, quiet little place

We stayed here for a weekend. It's a nice place. Campsites are flat. The water hookups are kind of far from the individual sites (make sure you have extra hose).

Nice park

Sites are narrow and long. Nice for camping with a few families in adjacent sites. Well kept and newer shower house. Some trails for hiking.

Nice park, lovely new bathhouse

We live near Chicagoland so staying at big foot beach state park is an easy option for a short weekend get away. Minutes from downtown Lake Geneva, this spot is super quaint and easy to get to. We were right by the new bathhouse and it was really nice!

Expensive RV park for non-residents

Not worth the drive here to tent camp if you live outside of Kane county. Even their 9 hike-in primitive sites hugging the treeline lack privacy. Yes, all the sites are very flat. It's a nice field if that's what you look for in a campground.

Beautiful IL woods and prairie

Limited to weekend camping, but spread out private-like tent sites. Camp hosts are super engaged and seem to love being caretakers. Hand pumps for water and well-kept pit toilets. Hiking galore! My "leashed" dog loves this place, as do I.

Very Close to Lake Geneva

WI State Campground that needs a vehicle pass to enter.  Not very large, fishing pond was very dirty and did not see any fish.  Lots of picnic tables near the front of the park with views of the lake.   This part of the lake is shallow and many party boats anchor near the shore.  If  you are looking for nature and quiet this is not the place, but if you like parties you will enjoy.  Several places to eat within walking distance.

Spaces are not consistent, some very large and shaded and some smaller and crowded.  Short trails in the park to hike.   Stayed in many parks in WI, I would not return to this one.

Site 17

Larger site for an RV but I used a tent only. I enjoyed the fact the site was further off the main road which allowed for more privacy. Most of the sites were right on the road and you’d need to position your car right for privacy. The tent sites are clumped pretty tight together with a couple exceptions. There were some loud families the Saturday I was there but got fairly quiet after 10. I did hear some nearby house party well into the night.
Overall nice spot not to far from my home for a quick getaway.

Big sites!

Nice campground with big, level sites. Even though they don’t take reservations, there is plenty of space and availability. Lovely grasslands, ponds, hiking trails, but the lack of trees and privacy isn’t my preference. Still great option not far from Chicago.

Near lake Geneva Beach, but not much else

I drove through this state park to find some great campsites for future camping; I didn't actually stay here yet. While I found some great sites which I list below, overall, I didn't find much appeal for the state park itself. It's small and the water access is just outside the park. Maybe I missed some of the appeal but I think I drove through the entire park

The purpose of sharing the following is that I find it difficult to figure out which are nice sites from the online reservation site. For anyone who is interested in camping here, the following sites, in my opinion, are the best campsites in terms of shade, not being flooded during a rain and privacy.

27, 32 and 74