Camping in Round Prairie

149 Reviews of 20 Round Prairie, Illinois Campgrounds

Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Large sites

This is a very nice campground with very large back in spots in the reserved area. There are restrooms but no trash dumpsters in the camping area. Very well shaded but no real view of the lake.

• what I wish we could see from any site
  • restroom
  • camping spots
c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Good and large campground I went during the middle of the week after Labor Day and I was able to find a nice secluded site 100 yards from the nearest camper The bathrooms were nice and clean I would stay here again

Site??
kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Very disappointed

We stopped here because it was right off the highway and had great reviews! However, upon arrival, the woman working in the office was INCREDIBLY rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. I’m guessing this was due to my appearance- it was hot and I was wearing shorts and I have tattoos.…

Jan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Absolutely gorgeous

There are alot of campsites to choose from. They all have some shade but most are totally shaded with large trees. Sites have gravel pads . Each one has a grassy area (big) which was perfect for our pups. We walked the whole camping area and actually there are no bad sites. We are here on a…

• view this morning
    Play button icon
  • Squirrels!!
M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful Family Friendly

Well kept, clean sites. Friendly and helpful gate staff. Large sites.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Hateful Host

While setting up our tents a woman came strutting down the road and in a hateful voice hollered "You've got 5 minutes to get your car out of here." Come to find out she was the camp host and apparently there was a small sign that one couldn't drop off supplies even though I am disabled. I…

Siteprimitive camping
Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Classic state park campground

Everything was clean and exactly what you’d expect from an Indiana state park. This is a big campground so things are a bit cramped but we went on a rainy weekend so we had plenty of room. There is a pool in the park (closed to do COVID) and decent hiking trails.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Busy weekend

We stayed the weekend here and it got really busy. When we tried to book online, all were taken but saw they had a few sites that were first come. Luckily, we got one of the last two. This campground is kept very clean and the hosts were excellent! The sites that overlook the lake are absolutely…

AC The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Good Spot

Pretty nice area, there were alot of people when we were there. But alot of good trails and fishing at the spillway.

A
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Nice stay

Campground clean, peaceful, campsites are paved, ours was pitched, Tmobile data slow

t
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Nice find

Nice campsite! Hidden amongst the corn fields…little town of Nashville had ample supplies for restocking! Tent area was flat! Quiet after 10pm. Lots of nature sounds at night.

Sitetent site
FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Top Flight State Park

This is a huge state park! There are lots and lots of campsites in this state park bordering the Wabash River. Sites are divided into smallish areas some for tents, some for RVs and some mixed. Lots of trees for shade. Bathhouses in each area with showers and toilets. Very clean & well…