Camping in Falling Spring

298 Reviews of 55 Falling Spring, Illinois Campgrounds

c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Convenient location

Conveniently located just outside of St Louis. We camped here for a trip to the city for St Louis cardinals game and zoo. My kids loved the jumping pillow at the park. Minimal playground but they still enjoyed it. Wish there was more of a good walking/biking area around it (I love to be able to…

S
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Nice spot in St. Charles convenient to St. Louis airport

Sundermeir is like a little RV oasis in the middle of downtown St. Charles. Close to just about anything you want to do in the area. Grounds are well maintained and have a walking trail that takes you to along the river. There was some construction going on along the path when I was there but all…

Morgan S.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

The perfect park

We absolutely love this park. It’s just under an hour from St. Louis, with river access, amazing hiking trails & great views. Very clean campsites with lots of shade for tent campers & nice level lots. There is even a swimming pool if the river isn’t your thing & a couple playgrounds…

Jeremy H.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Spacious

Great room between campsites and water hook ups are not too far away. Bring plenty of hose length.

kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

KOA’s Consistent Goodness

Yes, we all want the latest fancy schmancy. If there are no spots, go to KOA every time for a good campground. They use angles to give more privacy. They have patios and grills and old trees for shade.

• Play button icon
Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Decent Stop Over KOA

We stayed overnight on the way home, the park is in an industrial area, that didn't really didn't bother us though. Not a long stay location in my opinion, but for what we needed it was great! Very friendly host, nice pool and the kids park was great.

Danielle C.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Quick but peaceful stay

Stayed one night as well drove across the country. Nice peaceful campground tucked back not far from the city. Primitive sites were mostly empty and we had plenty of room. Wish we had more time but I'd stop by again.

• site 68
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Great KOA

This is our 4th stay at this park. It’s easy to access, spots are level, cell service and WiFi is decent.

SiteA20
K
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Bring lots of leveling blocks and don’t expect to sleep well.

Typical Jellystone, lots for kids to do. Really small sites. Tent sites seem fairly flat. I’m in a site for small campers. The site is bowed front to back and not level side to side. You can hear highway traffic all night and the kids hit the playground, right outside my window, at 7:00.

t
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Beautiful place

Love this campground, plenty of space. Nobody right on top of you like most places. Friendly people.

K
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Nice camp sites

Campsites were well-kept, grassy and even leveled. There are clean showers and coin laundry available. (AT&T) Cell reception was good too! A few trails, Mooners Hollow is one I’d suggest. They have ice and firewood at the check in station and staff is super friendly.

Katie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great First Camping Trip

I took my son here for his first camping trip and it was perfect!

L
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

A real gem!

We chose this campground because it was near our route and we needed a place to stay for one night. The campsites were adequately spaced, there were plenty of mature trees for shade, a large pond for fishing. There was also a swimming pool that looked inviting. I went for a run at sunset down the…