Cotswald Subdivision , ILLINOIS

Camping Illinois Cotswald Subdivision

Most Recent Cotswald Subdivision Camping Reviews
If you’re not a member, you’ll be treated like you don’t belong

Can you say absolutely rude!!! I don't know who Mike is and wether he just works there or is the owner. I will never spend a dime with that park. You may think you're an exclusive members only club, but your attitude and demeanor is what will kill your business.

Let me give some background to the readers. I called the park back in February asking about monthly rv spots. At the time I was told on the phone that we didn't require a membership as monthly renters because if we did have a membership we would have to leave the property after 21 and be away for 7. Okay cool. We'll do the monthly and not do the membership.

I called today and spoke with Mike, who's tone and demeanor was rude from the get go. I called and he answered "Leisure Lakes". Not a hello this is Mike or thank your for calling how can I help you. Nothing! Rude. Strike 1. Okay anyways. We went in to talk about a monthly rental, we walked in the office and "Can I help you?" Not a "welcome to leisure lakes, how can help you today?" Nothing, rude! Strike 2. He started to explain the rental and said you need to be a member of the lakes or of Good Sam. I explained when I called that the person I talked to had said I don't need a membership for doing the monthly rental. Mike's response, "okay, here it is. I'm only going to say it one more time". Really! If you talk to your customers like that, I don't want to spend a penny there ever! Who talks to customers like that. Strike 3. I said to him, "If you're going to be a d$&@, I don't want to rent from here anyways if your just going to be rude. You demeanor on the phone was rude and your even more rude in person". His response,, "Bye". I guess when you think you have an exclusive membership rv park, you can treat people like that. Members beware and future people interested beware. If this is how people are treated when interested in knowing more, how do you think you'll be treat when you're actually staying there?!

If you don't believe what I wrote, look at other reviews that mention how rude they are. I guess they equally treat everyone as if they are wasting their time.

Commerical, but not packing them in

This is a very popular campground. Lots of big rigs who seem to be staying for quite a while. Our relatives recommended this one since some of their friends use it for "the summer." A very nice, well manicured campground. Though a commercial-style, it does not feel like it. Sites are well spaced. Full trees around the perimeter, but not a lot for shade over the campsites. Water and electrical at every site.  Very easy in and out, for any sized rig.

There have been 2 murders here

I have to admit that I’ve not camped here, but I just downloaded Dyrt and was looking at local sites around where I live and saw this campground posted and felt I needed to be very clear about the conditions here. I’ve driven through, and it’s quite frightening. Just Google the name and read the news articles to get a clear picture of what this place is about. It’s not safe, clean or anyplace someone should camp.

Not what you’d expect

More of a yard style, open camping. No privacy. Lots of kids everywhere. No alcohol allowed. Packed during the day at the beach. Ok trails.

Some really nice spots

The area has lots of RV and Campers strewn about- but the tent spots are spacious and right along the river. I camped there on a great night in early November and had the whole place to my self. Quiet, beautiful, and the staff was very nice.

Nice

clean, private, tree-covered sites, often campsites are available on busy camping days! nice folks work here also :)

Last resort

We haven’t been camping to this campground in a while so maybe things have changed but the last time we were there we were bitten by flies the entire weekend. It was absolutely horrible. Aside from that we do enjoy going to the beach but there are more rocks than there is sand.

Fun place to go! Lots of activities!

There is so much to do at this campground. Horseback riding, archery, hiking, boating, fishing. There is also a park for the kids in several areas. Not far from town in case you need to go to the store and there is also a bait/shop store on premises. You can rent boats and kayaks too! The bathrooms/showers are always clean and have hot water. The only downfall that I can see is that they are not consistent with cleaning the outhouses.

Weekend Camping with lots of activities

For years, this was our go-to campground for weekend nearby adventures. Over the years, the price has increased and at $30 per site for non-residents, it's a bit steep for tent camping for me (so I left off a star rating). All sites are electric, so if you are tent camping and want your fan or slow-cooker, then it's as good as it gets in the burbs. It's located in a beautiful wooded Dupage County Forest preserve. While the sites are pretty close together, there are a few good ones that feel more secluded. Designated chip bark tent sites are level. The grounds are very well maintained. While I didn't camp here this year, I took these photos the last weekend in October to give everyone a sense of how nice this campground could be for them. My favorite sites over the years were the ones closest to Silver Lake along the South Loop road because those sites have the best views. For privacy, my favorite site is #27 on the north loop road which makes you feel like you are alone in the woods. Other than plenty of hiking options including a big hill, the fishing is outstanding. There are lots of places along the lake and ponds to get an easy catch and release. There is also archery, a dog park, picnic areas, boat rental/ramp, and a compass course. It is a great place for families. I've brought cub scouts here and my kids' friends. Heads-up that sites 21 & 22 may not be able to see traffic on the busy Winfield Rd in the summer, but you will still hear it at those sites.

Small camp sites, but fantastic facilities and trails, close location

For nature that's close to civilization, Deer Grove Forest Preserve is the best. While the camp sites are small, the amenities are super clean and the rentable cabins are as well. The trails through the grounds are varied and long--you can find something to suit just about any preference for suburban midwest hiking. There are plenty of paved trails as well as dirt, lots of fun little off-shoots into the woods, creeks run throughout, and there's even a little up-and-down thanks to ice age glaciers.