Caseyville, ILLINOIS

Most Recent Caseyville Camping Reviews
No camping

I don’t believe there is any public or private business campsites here. There are homes along the “trails”.

Best kept secret

If you don’t know anything about this place, I would recommend it! The sites are level and clean, and the lady who checked me in was very nice and accommodating. You are a stones throw away from Katy trail which will take you to downtown St. Charles. The trail is about 1.5-2 miles to get to downtown. You can bike or walk there. You are on the final approach for the airport, so I’ll could be a lil noisy for some. The only bad thing which isn’t the campgrounds fault, is you can’t have a camp fire due to the city ordinances. But if that’s the worst….I’ll take it. Wish I had taken pictures of the campground but there was so much to do in St. Charles that I forgot to take them.

Southern Illinois treasure

This is our favorite campground in Central/southern illinois. The sites are very nice and most have shade. There is a beach for campers to use, and a really nice playground. Their bathrooms and showerhouse were impeccably clean, and many sites are right next to the lake.

Restroom situation needs attention

Overall this is a VERY nice campground. There is a camp store, firewood available, and even a pool! The trails around are nice and our family had fun hiking. HOWEVER: Unless you have a restroom in your rig, be prepared to walk up to the showerhouse. The pit toilets that were spread across the campground were in horrendous condition and had wasps, spiders, and other critters hanging out. With 4 kids in tow and a pop-up camper, we made the long treck to the shower house many times in one weekend. If we'd had a heads up, we would have stayed somewhere with more accessible restrooms.

Oh and lots of deer bed down in the grassy areas at night, which was a fun thing to see!

Easy access

I have to preface my review by saying that this isn’t my kind of campground. I like trees and nature around. This park had very little of that. It seems to be new, and there are trees planted, but it will be awhile before they provide any shade. I stopped here because it was the closest location to an RV repair shop that I unfortunately needed to visit on my way to Chicago.

On the plus side, because it’s new the restrooms/showers were very clean and modern. The site I was in had full hook ups. The water pressure was so strong that I could barely open the water pump!

I think the best thing this campground has going for it is it’s location. Proximity to historic St. Charles and the bike trail.

The park host mentioned that the rates would be going up for next season.

Quiet, Clean, Great Sunsets

Boulder Rec is a quiet, clean, COE camp on Lake Carlyle. Well kept, well tended. Site was relatively level (w/in couple inches) and had fire ring and picnic table. Stayed at Site 35. Absolutely gorgeous sunsets across the lake.

Great near by campsite

First time camping and I wanted to stay near by. Babler was perfect. Our site had plenty of space and neighbors were very friendly. We did the historical program at the amphitheater at 8pm and kids loved hiking in the dark.

Beautiful and Serene

I am loving my stay here at robertsville. The area is immaculately clean showers or private bathrooms are plentiful Flush toilets they also have a coin laundry. Campos are great. It's in the tall trees with lots of shade and greenery you kind of feel like you're in a jungle. Lots of things to do in the area. Great Verizon reception. I may not leave LOL. it is a little humid and a little buggy but I used some yard guard and I seem to be fine.

Well kept campground with spacious sites

Very nice kept up campground.

Reservable sites are hard to book. Only negatives is that this campground is not open year-round.

Good One Nighter

Nice cabins and very clean facilities!

Great place!

Very clean and well kept. The campsites, the showers, everything.  Very affordable.  I will definitely go back.

Amazing Find!

After a massive disappointment at a nearby state park, we came to Sherwood Forest as a last resort. We were beyond pleasantly surprised!

First off, the camp host came and met me at 7pm on Sunday to get me set up. He took me on a golf cart to give me a tour of the available spots. He was so completely friendly and just all-around good!

The place is an amazing little resort-like campground. It’s nicely tucked away with plenty of shade.

The playground is super nice and very well maintained.

Our site is very large with an equally large grass lawn area.

I didn’t visit the bathhouse or laundry facilities but judging by the cleanliness of everything else, I’m sure those are exemplary.

I will most certainly be back!

Great park near saint Louis!

If you live in the St. Louis area and are looking for a great park for a weekend getaway near the water then look no further. Tons of reservable and walk up sites for primitive and RV. Most sites have plenty of shade and room in between so you were not right on top of your neighbors The only thing that would be a complaint about the sites is that many of them have a metal culvert running under the entrance to each campsite so if you’re not careful backing your camper out you can run over those and possibly cut a tire Other than that it is a great campground that boasts the only swimming pool in an Illinois state park. There is also a small store that has all of the basics and even has a built-in laundry mat The only other small complaint is that there is only one fill station to fill your freshwater tanks. So during busier times there can sometimes be a line of people waiting to fill their freshwater tanks so if you can do that at home I highly advise it

Great site to camp if you want to get off the beaten path

You can boat in along the Missouri river or hike in. The spots have amazing views of the river and challenging hikes as you progress from the river bottoms to the bluffs along the river. I would highly recommend bringing bug spray. Pets are allowed.

Great place to camp and kayak in the city

We love going here and watching the sunsets. This is a great place to kayak and camp if you don’t want to drive that fare and live in the city.

Nice quite campground

We stayed here for a weeksatellite at the end of June. Spaces are tight but the overall camp ground is decent. Nice pool and an arcade area with plenty of room to hangout inside. There is a pond with some decent sized fish in it. A lot of the campground has good tree coverage but if in the right spot you would still be able to use tv.

Nice quaint campground

This is a great little campground with a fishing lake. Sites are gravel but well maintained. Sites are fairly close with most shaded. Getting around is a little right for bigger rigs but still doable as long as you’re careful. Make sure you fill up at the dump station before you get to the campground because there’s no easy way to turn around if you miss it. It’s approximately a mile before the campground on your left. Be aware that there are no showers though, only bathrooms. Fifty-one Class BE campsites, 95 Class C campsites, an equestrian site with eight stalls for horses, and four Class D (primitive) campsites are available throughout the area. A group camp area has its own shelter, stone fireplace, electricity and tables. Some campsites at Randolph County SRA can be reserved online through Reserve America at www.reserveamerica.com Randolph County State Recreation Area is a mecca for outdoor recreational activities. Fishing, hiking, picnicking, boating, hunting and camping are just a few of the choices on the 1,101 acres at the site. Located five miles northeast of Chester, Randolph County SRA lies in the rolling hill country of southern Illinois. Offering a cool retreat from hot summer days, well shaded picnic areas, hiking trails and scenic forest stands await park visitors.

Park Information:

West Central Illinois

4301 S. Lake Drive Chester IL 62233

618-826-2706

N: 37.968 W: -89.802 History In 1958, land was purchased and plans started to build a dam and spillway for a 65-acre lake. The lake was completed in 1961, and since that time, recreational facilities have been added to provide picnic shelters, toilets, a boat ramp and a concession stand at Randolph County SRA..

Directions All access to Randolph County SRA is from the west entrance off Palestine Rd. Coming from the North on Route 3, visitors will turn east on Shawneetown Trail south of the town of Ellis Grove. At Palestine, turn south on Palestine Road and proceed two miles, then turn left at the entrance sign. Coming from the north on Route 150, turn west on Shawneetown Trail and proceed to Palestine, then turn south on Palestine Road and proceed to the entrance sign and turn left into the area. Coming from the south from Chester, head north on Palestine Road to the entrance sign and turn right into the area.

Wonderful location

Stayed at site 6. Had full hookups, plenty of space, lots of shade, and a wonderful view. The site is level and also has a picnic table and fire ring. Overlooks the marina so you can watch boats come and go. Would definitely stay again.

Great experience!

Big things happening at Country Bend Campgrounds in Montrgromy Co, IL. This beautiful campground has many things to offer and is only a few minutes from the local drive in movie theater in Litchfield Illinois. It has a pool, swing sets, playground, cabins, ponds with stocked fish, beautiful walking trails, camping, welcome center, baseball field, volleyball, games, horseshoes, paddle boats, miniature golf, and so much more. This family run business is under new management and is welcoming new seasonal campers and day campers with competitive pricing. This beautiful campground is nestled in a scenic area in the country and is pet friendly. It has clean shower houses with warm water. We just purchased our seasonal campsite earlier in the season. Come check out this amazing campground and all it has to offer! Our rough collies will be joining us at this dog friendly campground! There is always something to do here and the owners strive to make it a family place by providing many activities on the weekends. The owners have done an amazing job on this campground and have made it one of the best campgrounds around to create that lasting experience with our children before they grow up!!!

Clean, Friendly Campground

We stayed there July 4th weekend we had a great time.  Everyone was friendly they had many activities plus a swimming pool, putt putt golf, paddle boats and fishing.  It rained our 1st night there we had a big mud hole asked if there was anyway to get rock and they brought rick to get it dry for us.  Already booked our next weekend there.  Can’t wait to see how the improve the campground.

Spacious

Primitive tent camping area is very spacious but bathrooms were dirty and gross.  The women’s bathroom near T3 didn’t have toilet paper the entire three days we stayed there.  I drove to other restrooms while we stayed there.   Shower house was nice, with one small shower stall and large ADA shower stall.  Camp host was friendly and helpful. The campground is just a few minutes from Carlinville Walmart and restaurants.

Family Fun Campground

Activities, entertainment and friendly. Small pool and bathhouse could use some attention.

Camping Without Equal

This place is unlike any other. Very clean, usually quiet, rangers drive through everyday making sure all is well with everyone. There is swimming, fires, biking, walking, pretty much everything you’d need when one thinks of camping. Very decently priced. There is something for everyone whether you have just a tent, or a pop up, or a full size RV! If you camp, this HAS to be a place you at least try. Amazing people.

Interesting short stop

This place has a lot of permanent campers on site. Very friendly crowd though

A fine place to stay :)

This was a nice KOA campground for our single overnight. Many activities available right at the campground - plus a nice pool and good size sites with plenty of shade. Eureka is a nice town with everything you’ll need as far as food and supplies. Six Flags close by, but travel time to St. Louis was a little more than we anticipated (this wouldn’t be my first choice if the Arch and riverfront are primary destinations).

Lots to do

There is lots to do at this park. There is a pool, bike rentals, dog park, movie night, basketball court, and more. You can bring your RV, travel trailer, tent camp, or stay in a cabin. Most of the sites are in the shade and are fairly level. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained. They have Ele/water and Ele/water/sewer sites. It is close to train tracks, but I only heard the train once at night. It’s close to Six Flags, shopping, and restaurants. They even have a cute caboose cabin you can stay in.

Nice and close by

The showers house needs some help. But the camp sites felt secluded. The dump station was a little broke down and the camp hosts had two big dogs that never stopped barking.

Campgrounds close to Pere Marquette Lodge. Is located just north of Grafton that has many food and drink and antique shops. Campground is on the Illinois River with the Mississippi River nearby. Park has a boat launch and harbor.  Campground has electric only and has a dump station. Most sites are spacious. Sites can be reserved on Reserve America.

We camp here every summer!

We love Lake Carlyle and Dam West is a great place to camp. CLEAN (and air conditioned) bath houses. The sites are beautiful and well maintained! Great place to bike, hike, and swim at the beach. Close to Wal-Mart and McDonalds!! 😉

In St. Louis County but with a country feel!

This park is really nice and has been redone with in the last 10 years maybe less. If you want to camp and enjoy nature without driving forever this is a good park.

This park is perfect for hiking and bring the bikes along for the kids and even yourselves. My kids loved going here when they were young because it was just simple, uncomplicated camping and they weren't trapped in the car for hours to get here.