Yurts
About Lake Cascade State Park
Lake Cascade State Park is located in Idaho
11 Reviews of Lake Cascade State Park
Bring bikes and boat

Pretty good sites clean bathrooms, walking trails. There was a lot of space for the kids to ride their bikes, too. Pretty setting, great views. I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t a good place for kids to play on the water, but there was a dock and boat launch. Great place to rent watercraft a out halfway back into town. We got a pontoon boat and had a blast

Clean and Fantastic View

Frozen temperature at night (05/24/19) but fabulous view and I love to go for camping to Lake Cascade State Park .

Safe Bluff

Awesome campground right along the water! Beautiful scenery all around. Only water for RV’s at this cg. But being right along the water & wonderful beach, and swimming was worth it. This is a new campground, so really no shade. Super clean vault toilets. Definitely plan on visiting again!

big sage

great camp spot with restrooms and easy lake access. smaller sites with little to no shade but only really effects ..you mid day. camp fire pits. very beautiful spot.

West Mountain cg

I camped here one night in my tent. The cg was nice and clean. It’s interesting a Dry CG- but there are bathrooms with flush toilets, however no sinks in the bathroom! keep an eye on your food - the squirrels are all over!

Sugarloaf is absolutely amazing

We tent camped here in July 2018. Sugarloaf is off by itself at the end of the lake, so it’s a little more laid back there. Our group simply set our in the morning and camped out on the beach with our gear. we had paddle boards, a canoe, and a floatie and spent the entire day out there. there was some nice sand for the kids to build with. We also went fishing in a different spot and watched the most beautiful sunset. The birds we saw here wwre absolutely amazing. we saw multiple ospreys, pelicans, and mountain bludbirds. I would go back to camp here any time.

Scenic Campsites Just North Of Boise, Idaho. A Nice Quick Getaway!

Lake Cascade State Park has some beautiful scenery from any of the sites you stay at. There is tent and RV camping in the area. I suggest reserving a site far in advance because they fill up quick. The lake freezes over in the winter time, but if you are willing to rough it in cold weather, there are some sites available. Call before you head to the lake. There are several activities you can do at this campground, from fishing, boating, sailing and Moutain biking. Some sites have full hook-ups and there is a dumpstation for RVs. There are some ADA sites as well as group and Yurt camping. This campground is for everyone! From those willing to rough it to those who are into "glamping" :-)

Love the Crown Point area.

Took the kids by myself for a week of camping. Loved the trail behind the campground. Very nice beaches on a huge Mtn Lake. Love the Jr Ranger program filled with local lore. One of my favorite town camp sites.

Weekday Gem

Cant get any better views of the water! Hung my hammock up right next to the reservoir. At night we could hear coyotes! We even had 3 baby foxes visit our camp one evening. I could see it getting crowded on weekends, but I had this all to myself on a Monday and Tuesday. Clean bathrooms too!

Camping and sailing at Lake Cascade

We chose Lake Cascade because we had heard that the lake winds were great for sailing and that is true. We stayed at Blue Heron campground. This campground has a dock which made it easy to launch the sailboat. Our campsite was right on the shore next to the lake. There isn't a lot of shade at this campground. Weekends can get crowded. The toilets were clean and stocked. If you want a good location for sailing or windsurfing, this is a good choice.