the dyrt
Pets Unknown
About Cloverleaf Campground
Cloverleaf Campground is situated on St. Charles Creek in a scenic canyon in the forests of southeast Idaho. Recreation Nearby, the North Fork Trail and its associated trails access the Highline Trail #316. The Highline Trail is part of the National Trail System and is the area's premier trail. It stretches 55 miles along the backbone of the Wasatch Mountains and is open to hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders and motorcyclists, attracting trail users from around the world. The Idaho Department of Fish and Game manages the river fisheries, providing excellent fishing most of the year, including in St. Charles Creek. In-season big game hunting is also a popular activity. Facilities The campground offers 18 family sites, as well as one group site that can accommodate up to 100 people. Amenities include flush toilets and drinking water. Roads to and within the site are paved. Natural Features Pines and aspens forest the area, providing partial shade, and summer wildflowers dot the landscape. St. Charles Creek flows gently past the campground. Nearby Attractions Minnetonka Cave, one of only two developed caves in the Forest Service, is a few miles from the campground. Guided cave tours are scheduled every 30 minutes daily from early June until Labor Day. The Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge is just north of Bear Lake, offering excellent bird watching. Bear Lake's Raspberry Days Festival occurs the first weekend in August every year, with a parade, fireworks, craft booths and a rodeo. ADA Access: N
Fee Info
Big Creek Group Fees . 1-50 ppl=$57.00. 51-75 ppl=$86.00. 76-100 ppl=$115.00.
National Forest
Cloverleaf Campground is located in Idaho
Directions
Turn west off U.S. Highway 89 in St. Charles, Idaho. Follow the paved road for approximately 8 miles, up St. Charles Canyon to the campground. Turn left to access the individual group sites and right to access the Big Creek Group Area.
1 Review of Cloverleaf Campground
Ranger Review: Primus Trailbreaker Vacuum Bottle at Cloverleaf Campground, ID

Ranger Review: Primus Trailbreaker EX Vacuum Bottle at Cloverleaf Campground

Campground Review: Got in late on a Saturday but there were a few spaces available. We snagged a spot right next to Saint Charles Creek. Hearing the water run at night was nice. This year (2017) the runoff is very high and the creek was pretty swift for its size. Too fast to fish.

They had signs posted stating the water at the provided spigots was not tested yet, therefore it should not be consumed.

There were flush toilets in a clean bathroom. Decent picnic tables and fire rings. There is a pole to hang items high out of the 'bear zone'

Minnetonka Cave is a few miles up the road and it is worth a visit! I've added a few photos. The Highline Trail is approachable from camp.

Gear Review: Primus Trailbreaker EX Vacuum Bottle 36 oz. https://primus.us/products/trailbreak-ex-vacuum-bottle

As a Ranger with The Dyrt, I get to demo products on occasion. This trip, I had the opportunity to check out the Primus Trailbreaker EX Vacuum Bottle. I'm obsessed with this bottle! I guess it's a thermos but it has a great lid that allows you to drink from. It kept ice for 2 1/2 days after I got home from this trip! I added ice and tea before packing up camp and heading to Minnetonka Cave. It sat in my hot car for about 2 hours while I did the tour and it was very refreshing when I returned. Then we headed to the beach at Bear Lake and it sat in the sand and sun the rest of the afternoon. I refilled it once with tea but did not add ice. Once I got home and unpacked it sat in my counter for 2 1/2 days before the ice finally completely melted. Can't wait to try it with a hot beverage!