This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 1 million listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
Red gate is a hidden gem. This is a beautiful farm of 200 acres situated 5 minutes from downtown Savannah. Everything you could ask for: pool, ponds, horseback riding, goats, beautiful landscaping, room to roam or play. We had a fabulous time hanging out here and will definitely return. Call if there are no reservations online, they have some dry camping available- totally worth it!
Very nice farm! Beautiful grounds with ponds and animals (horses and goats). Great location. We took a trolley tour of Savannah. They picked us up and dropped us off at the farm (about 10 minute ride to Savannah). Next visit we plan to do the horseback rides.
open easy sites, most are back in. friendly people. pet friendly, but campground cats roaming so watch your dog. horses and goats in farm area, plenty of room for a nice leg stretch for the dogs. close to town and nice trolley will pick you up at campground
This is our "go to" campground near Savannah. We sleep here while we explore Savannah and surrounding areas, but it's also a beautiful campground if you want to spend some time here. If you camp in an area other than the large field out front, it's like camping on someone's horse farm. Just recently, we camped in the dry camping area for tents and small units because that's all that was available. It's out in front of the office and just across from the paddock. We've also camped to the left and right of the office where you can hook up to electricity and water.
- See map. Sites 13 through 17 are full hookup sites out front among sites 1-21 and look like the best ones to me. All of these sites are appropriate for large RVs (think Class A) with long gravel pads.
- See B1-B3 on the map. These are good for trailers plus a vehicle, you won't have a lot of neighbors, and there's a bit of a water view with no one in front of you.
- There are 2 sites in an area called C out by a pond.
- Dry camping areas do not show up online. There's a loop out in front of the office for tents and small units (like our teardrop). Larger units can camp over by the volleyball court.
- Sites to the left and right of the office are good for trailers, but I don't think they're online either.
- Call if you don't see availability online. I've never seen a tent here, but that area in front of the office is good for a tent. We've camped twice in our teardrop in this area, and there was just one truck camper the first time.
Why camp here?
- Beautiful setting
- It's about 10 minutes to downtown Savannah.
- Maybe you have an event to attend at Red Gate Farms. The Mackey House (see photos) is one of Savannah's best wedding sites. We attended a wedding in the spring at this beautiful venue, and it was great staying less than a mile away. (Yes, getting all dressed up at a campground was a bit weird, but the private bathrooms worked for us.) There are two other event venues closer to the campground.
- If you want to venture beyond Savannah, Fort Pulaski is about 30 minutes away and Tybee Island is another 10 minutes. Skidaway Island State Park is on the way to the fort, and there's a campground on Tybee Island. We prefer to camp closer to the restaurants and craft breweries in Savannah.
- Washers, dryers, small exercise room and two private bathrooms in the office building which is always open. There's also a TV and kitchen sink.
- You can catch a trolley to downtown Savannah.
- Trail rides are available.