The best BOAT IN camping near
Myrtle Grove , GEORGIA

Most Recent Myrtle Grove Camping Reviews

This was a nice location for us. There were a few things to do In the campground like hiking on short trails, visiting the fort, fishing. Definitely bring bikes (or rent them at the store) as there is a causeway from the campground to store/fort that is kind of long if you are waking back and forth. Facilities were nice and clean.

Secluded Island Fun

My girlfriend and I learned about Little Tybee Island while spending the day in Savannah on a road trip (we were moving to Illinois from Florida). We learned about it around 2pm; by 5pm we were on the water. We forgot to bring a lot of things in our rush, but the island was fantastic. To get to the island, make your way to the tip of Tybee island and find a parking spot on one of the streets that are marked as parking spots. If memory serves, we spent about $25 to stay there 17 hours. Take your kayak onto the beach, and then head to the island to the south. Here are my tips:

1. Be extremely wary of the tides! Because of our lack of planning, the tide was low on our way there and on the way back. This means that we had to carry our kayak several feet up the sandbar to make sure that it would not be carried away in the night. We also ran into a sandbar on the way there, and had to tow the kayak several feet in shallow but cold water.

2. Bring insect repellent, long shirt and pants. I got bit up pretty bad by sand fleas while playing on the beach, and had itchy red spots all over my legs for about a week.

3. Like everyone else said, there are animals on the island, and the most rambunctious are the raccoons. You will see their paw prints in the sand, and near all of the best areas for campsites. Make sure to secure your food!

All in all, there's something extremely gratifying about rowing out to an island on the ocean and spending the night on an island that is uninhabited (except for the random other camper).

Well recommended for those looking for an adventure and have experience camping!

Right beside GREAT dog Park - but no dogs on the beach

RV Site was great and very close to lots of things

Restaurants, shopping, parks, beaches

Cute shop on RV Campground

Not a lot of privacy

Right off I-95

Cute, clean campground with little lake for fishing. Able to accommodate larger rigs. We stayed there twice with our 37’ fifth wheel. Free WiFi but signal is spotty. Campground is small and basic but perfect for a night if traveling. Convenient to I-95. Staff friendly and helpful.

Overrated - poor service

We stayed here twice in the last two months. First time was fine but not exceptional. The RV park itself is highly variable. Each site is owned by different owners and the RV park has rights to rent them out. None of the sites have fire pits. Some have chimneas. The sites are also maintained in a highly variable way. The electrical on the second site we stayed at was very sketchy. Hard to describe except the plugs were broken and the electrical panel itself was ragged and broken. We recently did a side trip that had us staying two days at this place. We reserved two weeks in advance and we're glad to get the site with no issues. When we showed up the lady at the front desk was out right rude. They are what I call "fake nice". The lady told me that because they change reservation systems and we didn't pick out a say on the reservation system that they did not have a site for us for two days. They offered us two different sites on two different days. Not only is that a huge pain in the butt but ruined our plans for the day because we had to stick around and wait to move and pack up everything. What infuriated me was the attitude of the people in the front office. They did not give a rip and basically told me to take it or leave it. They didn't offer any discount or concession or anything. They only said that because of the new reservation system they had a rough week. I'm not sure that I'm supposed to feel sorry for them considering the money I'm paying to park there. Also infuriating was my wife had called ahead of time to confirm our reservation and their phones would never would get answered. We will not be staying here again. There's a much nicer option further in on Hilton Head and a really nice new place coming in to Bluffton. Take your money where it will be appreciated maybe these people will learn.

Overrated - poor service

Beautiful but noisy

We stayed here for three nights in March. Beautiful private sites, moss covered trees and great hiking trails in park with nice nature center and little store. The sites along the outer road near road back to a golf course. Avoid if you don’t want to wake up at 6am to power tools, very loud power tools. being used for at least an hour or two, every morning. You can’t see them but can hear them! We loved our site, so private and large, but the noise drowned out the birds and disturbed our nature time. Too bad. We drove to Savannah, very close, and rode our bikes around. Visited Wormslee, gorgeous alley of live oak.

Biting bugs

We were there in April and there was a ton of gnats that would swarm the RV and the bite! It was cool to see the Civil War stuff but it does have a separate fee. We also had an issue with the site numbered strange and had to move. The section we were in the sites hadn’t been mapped out yet.

Perfect Spanish moss covered campground.

We loved the natural setting of this park. We had a mama deer with 2 babies 25 feet from our camper. The people at the gate and office were super friendly as well as super clean bathroom facilities.  I would recommend!

Group Campground

I had difficulty booking online so called, and was told this campground is for groups of 15 or more only.