Adel, GEORGIA

Most Recent Adel Camping Reviews
Nothing fancy but great for one night.

Just what we needed for a place to park overnight. Large level pull-throughs. Clean bathrooms. Reasonable rates. Only downside - very close to the interstate noise, but we slept fine.

Great getaway!

Well kept campground and facilities.  Good place to walk short trails, biking, boating and fishing.  There is a miniture golf and playground within sight of the campground.  Good place to get together with family and friends.

Bad vibes and pot holes!

Stayed here over Fourth of July the camp sites are spaced no more than 10 feet away you can touch your neighbors. No one is friendly here. I waved at one of the grounds keepers and he stared at me blankly. I went into the office to drop off my check and I think I heard the owner hit his lil dog for barking when we walked in and he was in a rush to get rid of me. Nothing like the other wonderful campsites we stayed at on our drive across America. It looks like lots of people stay here long term and have very permanent looking residences around their RVs and campers it is really close off of the freeway but there is nothing special I would pass this place by and stay at another campsite which is exactly what will be doing in about an hour.

Good layover

Site was clean and maintained. Full hookups (water/electric/sewer/with cable/antenna). We were in lot #1 which was a pull through that could have taken a rig twice our size (30 foot TT). Only two issues, no shade trees and mosquito's up the gazoo!

Must be DOD to stay.

Correction to phone number

The number listed is incorrect, the correct number is (229) 639-5234.

Well-maintained Park

Stayed in our RV several days over the course of a weekend. We were in the loop (1) that did not have sewer hookup but there was a dump station available for when we left. The newer Loop (2) has nicer bathrooms and showers and laundry as well as sites with sewer hookup. Some sites have more shade than others, we were at site 9 which was very shaded. Great kayaking available and rentals are available as well. Good hiking trails, too.

Nice for an overnight or extented stay

The site a large and easy to get into. They have a well stocked store and a decent pool. There is a flea market right next door. They have a large conference center building. We did not go in, but it looks like it will accommodate a large group. Easy on and off of I-75.

All & peaceful

Nice facilities with clean bathrooms. Pull through site was very easy to set up and take down. Friendly staff were helpful and really knowledgeable.

Historic

Quiet. Off the beaten path. Near Douglass, Ga. Abour 30 minutes to Broxton Rocks.

Practically a Staycation!!!

This beautiful hidden gem is just a stone’s throw west of Adel, Georgia. Accessible off of Interstate 75, this State Park is worth visiting. Activities you can enjoy are camping, boating, fishing, kayaking, hiking, swimming, geocaching, and picnicking. The staff are wonderful and the campground is well kept. They have bike a bike rental shop at the campground along with firewood and other necessities. There’s a shower house that is availability to all campers. We absolutely love it here!! So close to home but far enough to get away:)

mixed review

The camp staff was very friendly and helpful but the obnoxious camp post put a damper on our stay. I hope they fix this. there were not a lot trees but lots of trails nearby. Nice bathhouse.

Clean State Park off I75 near ADEL GA

One of the better State Parks in Georgia

Great price, pretty area in the northern GA mountains

While Sugar Mill is titled as an RV Park, they accommodate tent camping as well. There is a general store in the office for any forgotten items, and electrical/water hookups if desired. The lady who owns and runs the place is very personable and sweet, and the bubbling stream behind our campsite was lovely and made this place even prettier.

Nice Park.

We stopped here overnight on our way to Stone Mountain. great, big sites. Lots of room for kids to run around and play. immaculate facilities. unfortunately at the time of year we were there there were lots of gnats.

Not a campground I’d stay at again

I didn’t care for this campground. Thank goodness we had a site near the front and a larger site. The sites were stacked in top of each other. I paid extra for a deluxe site and there wasn’t anything deluxe about it. The outdoor patio furniture was rusted and falling apart. The fire ring was rusted with holes in it. The bathrooms were really old and dirty. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Quiet peacful campground well maintained lots of fun things to do

This beautiful campgrounds main attraction is the water. In the big lake it offers boating tubing skiing. You can also take the river run and boat or paddle upstream. It is an easy paddle with plenty of places to get out.

Home away from home

This little jewel has everything you need for a great time. Plenty of good walking trails and a great petting zoo. I love the old houses, it gives you a feeling of what it was like 100 years ago

On a creek with a bar and live music.

The sites are not pull through but they are on a creek. It is a small campground. There is a store with propane and ice. The bar opens each evening with occasional live music.

Great Campground

We have gone to this campground a couple of times now and every time we go it has been a great visit. We love buying carrots to feed all the farm animals and if you want some good exercise rent one of the pedal boats.

quiet

very friendly and helpful camp host, Steve. had full hook ups near restrooms. extremely clean, quiet, and definitely going back!

A good night’s rest

I frequently drive from southwest Florida to Atlanta. When I’m towing my Casita I stop for the night at Reed Bingham State Park, about the halfway point. I never need a reservation & I get to choose my own campsite which is ALWAYS a pull through. This is a small campground with a small store and a small lake. It’s lovely and clean but the sites are open with some shade trees. Restrooms & showers are clean and that’s all I require other than electricity and water for a quick overnight stay. I wouldn’t stay here as a destination although it’s very peaceful and near Axel, GA, but it’s terrific and handy and affordable as an overnight stop.

our go to

fantastic park! bathrooms are always spotless. nice paved roadway. gravel sites all of them pull through. large private sites. the farm is aleays fun for the kids. great place for bike rides too.

One of our favorites!

Nice and clean full hookups campsite with picnic table and fire ring. Park rangers and camp host are really nice and helpful. This park has a lot to do from different programs/ activities by the rangers for all the family, hiking and bike trails, swimming area, boat ramp, great for fishing, playground and putt putt golf. Campground bathroom is really clean and has laundry too.

Lots of Lake activities

Reed Bingham State Park is located in Adel, GA. It has about 1600 acres including a 375 acre lake with many activities surrounding it. There is a dam with fishing as well as boating, swim beach and and island for camping. Off the lake are 2 camping loops with just under 50 sites. Ranging from water/electric only to full hook-ups. Prices run between $28 and $38 per night. There is also primitive group camping and Eagle Island camping in the lake if you wish to paddle over. Our family stayed here in December 2016 with friends. We were lucky enough to get 2 standard sites side by side so we could create a cozy awning to awning camp area for our families. The bathrooms and laundry were nearby (1 in each loop). There was a large grassy area in the middle of the loop for the kids to play soccer, set up the slack-line, etc.They also enjoyed the playground, climbing tree and mini-golf nearby. We went on some short hikes in the park. There are 7 walking and biking multi-use trails that are all under 1 mile. You can connect them together for a much longer hike. Overall, this was a great family friendly campground.

Beautiful Escape

Stayed one night on the way to Florida. Came in late and left early, so didn't get to enjoy a lot that they had to offer. They have a turtle habitat and nice lake area. Hope to visit again. Had a nice pull through site right by the bathhouse, which was very clean. Gorgeous Spanish Moss.

nice park

We had a nice overnight stay coming back from florida. We love to stay anyplace with a lake or river so this was a pretty park with a nice lake. Not crowded which we love and pet friendly which is important to us.

Bicycling and Relaxing

Plenty of bicycling and relaxing to go around! Watch out for the gopher tortoises! They hiss!

Cold but fun trip

Very fun state park, I live about 2 hours away from this park. It's in a great location. When we went it was cold windy and about freezed us but the park made it fun for us we rented a couple bikes, went fishing and they had nice bathrooms, that's always a plus. I'd rate this park a 4 out of a 5. Also the kayaking is great