About Saddlehorn - Colorado National Monument
National Monument
Saddlehorn - Colorado National Monument is located in Colorado
6 Reviews of Saddlehorn - Colorado National Monument
Stunning views & quiet

I thought I would grab a tent only site but after cruising around and checking them out, the views at the tent only sites are not that great.

I ended up choosing a site in the B loop. This loop seemed to have the best views. Even with RV's set up it was pin drop quiet. Picnic tables and a grill at all sites. NO fires were allowed while I was visiting. You sometimes have to search around to find a good site in this loop for a tent but it's not that difficult. Many sites have a short little walk to beautiful overlooks. Catch the sites at sunset and sunrise and you won't be disappointed.

Restrooms were clean and well maintained.

Awesome Night

My bf and I recently stayed at a tent site here, we arrived right at sunset and the view driving in was amazing. The bathrooms were close by and seemed well maintained. There are plenty of trails close by, so waking up early for a cool morning hike was simple and a great way to start the day. There were plenty of outlook points that allow you to overlook Grand Junction. After our hike in the morning we were able to take a short drive North East to Little Book Cliffs where we enjoyed a nice long hike to see some wild mustangs.

Overall, this site is well maintained, with plenty of activities in the area for everyone to have some fun.

Great views!

Great views, super underrated national monument and campground.

Red sand

It was quite hot at night in mid-July, but the campground was nice. It had great spots with room to be further away from people. Did not fill up. Ground is mostly a sandy red dirt.

Saddlehorn is seriously the best. We had so much fun!

The weather was incredible and we played a bunch of games, built a fire both nights, hiked and cooked good food.

Miserable

This was one of the most miserable campgrounds we have ever stayed at. Our spot was so awkward we had to find somebody to show us where it was! We had to walk down a little path a ways until it opened into an area that looked like it had been roughly cleared by a tractor. There were little biting gnats that there was no way to repel short of hiding in the tent. And it was so hot all night long none of us slept. We were so desperate to get out in the morning we skipped our planned breakfast and grabbed something at the store.

The view was beautiful though!