The best GROUP camping near
Winterhaven , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Winterhaven Camping Reviews
Great BLM Location

Stayed here couple of weeks quiet place with great views and camp sites of the lake. Not to many people here must have hit it at a good time. had good Verizon reception using booster 4 bars.

Nice and quiet during the night.

I didn't choose to park right next to the lake but was on the other side of the dirt road. Real nice place to relax, camp out, ride my bike, all for free. Felt very safe and had no issues during the stay. Its close to town if needed also. Never saw bugs and wind was pretty calm

Ice cream anyone

My first time here we arrived a week before our friend group to secure a good location before the busy thanksgiving weekend and we were the only ones out by the dunes, but the ice cream truck still managed to find us! 😂

There are a lot of regulars who come to the dunes for group camping, and some of them have incredible set-ups, our neighbors rolled in with an 18 wheeler filled with side-by-sides, a flatbed filled with quads, and a hauler filled with bikes, along with 6 big rig RV’s.

This place isn’t actually free you need to buy either a weekly or season pass which runs from November to April ($35 or $150) and the longest you can stay is two weeks without moving your set-up. You can buy a pass at any ATV store or shop, but there is no way to buy one once you’re out here. Rangers and border patrol make the rounds to make sure everyone has a pass, and obeys all ATV rules on the dunes and sand drags.

There is trash at the entrance, slightly inside are toilets. Cell phone service is 5 stars (we work from our RV and had no issues), you can pay to dump and fill up water at the RV park a couple miles from here. The sand is soft, heavy rigs may need to air down.

This is not only a beautiful place, it is also a way of life, and a must do for anyone with a way to get out into the dunes.

8 Water Spouts & 4 Dump Stations great Mountain Views and as the title states a dam with a large body of water

We would go back…. Only three analog channels with one coming in clearly that being Court T.V.

Wonder Land

Great place with awesome vibes! No cost. Bring your bikes and have a blast.

Nice off the beaten path

Not the fanciest but it was a nice quiet area with full hookups. Only $40 a night included utilities and WiFi. We saw some wildlife. Nice little hike in the scrub pines. Close to town but far enough to feel like we were away from it all. Smaller park. I think 44 spaces. They had laundry room I didn’t use. Sell Propane if you need it. Offered bathrooms and showers but didn’t look very clean so I used my own since water was hooked up.

Mosquito sanctuary

Found this place with the help of local. There are quite a few spots along the road, some easy to get to some a little harder. We found an awesome spot under some big trees. Pulled my 22' travel trailer in with no problems. Bring a lot of bug spray!!!! Fishing, hiking, ATV. Next to military base so was shockingly surprised to be woken up by the sounds of bombs going off and machine gun fire.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Crazy pre-war bridge with swastikas on it. Apparently this used to be an Arizona highway symbol, changed after the war.

Ideal camping experience. Just perfect. Will return.

I camped here with my wife and two children (6 and 7). It was awesome. Our site had a bunch of large rocks for the kids (and my wife and I) to climb around. With the river, the trails, and all the rocks, there is tons to explore. And, the whole area is just gorgeous. Ideal camping. Getting to the grounds requires around an hour on a dirt road. We were able to get there in a 2WD minivan without issue.

Remote,river ,hiking,nature.

It’s an 18 mile dirt road to the park. It is along the lower Colorado river with fishing, hiking, hunting, boating! Hidden gem!