Camping in Canyon View

157 Reviews of 46 Canyon View, California Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Month of VisitOctober
Jovani M.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Acorn Campground

My experience has always been good ones for the few times I’ve been there. Always a good time with friends and also the rangers checking. Clean bathrooms and also the spots to camp.

• Full moon at the lake was beautiful and the weather perfect. no mosquitoes too
  • My camping set up.
Site92 and 87
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful camp site

The camp grounds are very beautiful and right on the lake. It really doesn’t get more beautiful for a drive up camp site. Down side is the sites are super close together. We brought the kids with us and they played all day we did find a rattlesnake in our site but relocated it and went about our…

Carly D.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Best views of the stars

Our group has been camping at Sly Park together and respectively since 1996, and we can't ever get enough. It's a very popular camping spot, so I recommend planning and reserving sometimes several months in advance. Weekends book up quickly, but weekday camping is easy to find.

They have several…

Ruben N.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Pinecrest campground

Pinecrest was an amazing place at the edge of the Stanislaus national forest. The community is great, the campground and bathrooms were very well maintained. It was a 10min walk to the lake. If you’re into fishing, there are trout in the area with some nice fishing spots labeled on the paper map.…

• the lake from the hike
  • the bridge nicer the inlet
  • my dog finding a painted rock on the hike
SiteB11
B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Sweet Spot

Easy to see right off the road with plenty of campsites down either side of a nice dirt road. Rocky and steep road access to Scott’s lake, but easy camping on the edge of the valley.

Sitedispersed
ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

I didn't stay. Can't believe it has 5 stars!

I guess if you stayed on the water it might be nice but the campground itself was pretty bad. 1st they have blocked any phone signal so even with my WeBoost I could not work from here. 2nd the flies were horrible. 3rd my site was across from overflowing trash can. 4th the hookups are on the wrong…

• Overflowing trash can
  • Front door facing street and trash bc hookups are on wrong side
  • Hookups are on wrong side
Tanya R.The Dyrt PRO User

Little shade. Walk in sites

Campground is situated on a very long narrow dirt road. Besides the proximity to Yosemite this campground was not a favorite. 2 had the best shade and it gets hot.

Next to the Stanislaus River

Love this campground because of it’s close proximity to the Stanislaus River. There are 28 first come first serve RV and Tent sites. There are interesting granite rock formations in and around the campground. Potable water, fire rings, picnic tables and garbage receptacles round out the…

Sonora Pass Campground

One of several nice campgrounds along the Sonora Pass corridor. First come first serve at 44 sites. Hiking and fishing are all close and attractive outdoor activities that can enhance your visit

Emmanuel L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great campground for your climbing trip

I love climbing at Lovers Leap and this campground is part of what make climbing here so simple and straight forward.

Siteopen
Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Camping is not allowed

Beautiful day use area. Very close to the sweet water camp ground. Nice waterfall and swimming area.

Remember to pack out trash. There was a lot of trash when there is trash cans right in the parking lot)-:

Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Nice campground with a Lake

Nice campground with numerous RV and tent sites. Bathroom with flush toilets and showers. Big trees provide ample shade. Quiet area close to the amenities of the Carson Valley.

Mike F.
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Great camping

We have been camping here for years it's a great camp ground and the river is very shallow in most spots and good for fishing and just past the 1st bridge into the camp ground there is a great hiking trail along side of the river you just have to climb over a few boulders then it an easy hike from…

Siteb loop