Camping in Bogue

Recent Tents Reviews Near Bogue, California

226 Reviews of 118 Bogue, California Campgrounds

Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Folsom Lake

Campground was clean , quiet and a little bit of a hike to the lake.

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

SacWest campground

Called at the last minute and got a campsite. Came in late and the staff left an envelope with all the important info so no problem finding my pull through site

Site#35 RV pull through with water hookup
Katie B.
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Great family atmosphere

We loved the Coloma Campground. There were lots of amenities, group areas, large grass are by the river, lots of trails, cabins, a short walk across the bridge to the gold rush park and a great little restaurant for coffee and small plates.

Siteright next to the mess hall
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Good for the money

This place is in a great location with easy access from I 5. Plenty of room and easy on-line registration. My only complaint is the non-existent WiFi. The password was easy to obtain, but did me no good.

Chris R.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Is BBQ na na

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

SiteFacebook
Chris R.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

He he see by be

Be too me her Danm and I will be there in about to get

SiteYouTube
Jessica P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Peaceful!

Nice and quite! There wasn’t many people at this site. It was very relaxing. And the views are nice. Rangers were friendly as well!

Bathrooms were top notch clean!

Careful for poison ivy nearby.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Great place

Quiet place. Allowed to eat at mess hall

Sitetent

A cute stay in the city

We stayed here on our first foray into van camping. We were so surprised how clean the restrooms were. So far its been the best we’ve seen. My dog loved the off leash dog park. I waited until there was no one around because she’s a little skittish. Would recommend!

Jordan L.The Dyrt PRO User

Fantastic three days

Had a great time at this site! The individual sites are distanced enough so it still feels private, bathrooms and water was available. Hiked the pioneer trail and then went swimming in the lake nearby. Plenty to explore around here, ill definitely be coming back.

L

Golden

This campsite has great amenities with restrooms that have a sink and REAL toilets. Very clean. Large secluded site with the forest behind you. Beautiful landscape with a history of hydraulic mining. There’so

a trail to a nearby overlook to see the stripped hillsides. Although I dislike the idea…

• ghost town
  • edwards crossing
  • highway 49 bridge area
Allison M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Close to road but still fairly quiet

Nice campsite with good space between sites. Bathrooms have no light or ventilation so they got hot. Lots of folks showed up after dark and were quiet and respectful.

M
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Free, Hot Showers.....yes please!!!

This campground is my happy place! I grew up going here, so lots of great memories. I've enjoyed showing my children all of the things I did here as a kid. Love that the showers are hot and free! You may have to push the button several times but totally worth while in my opinion! The creek is very…

Site14 & 33
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Decent city camping

Right off the freeway - easy access to the city. We didn’t book ahead much and ended up with a site that just had rocks and a picnic table. No grass except at tent sites. Not wide enough to fully put out slider. The bathroom were great in the tent area. Nice pool and dog area.

Travis C.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hot Smoky summer nights

Aside from the smoke and the heat these campsites are very spacious and wide open. Bear boxes are a must if you don’t want the big guys in your camp. We never had an issue but many other campers did. Lake level is definitely low but that was to be expected with the lack of rain this year.