Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 35 ft.
McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial is located in California
31 Reviews of McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial
Great Rooms

We stayed 2 nights in one of the lodge rooms and loved it.

Nice cozy place

Clean place, very close to the waterfalls

Beautiful falls - Crowded Camping

The falls sell the place.  They are beautiful.  The PCT trail goes right by on the opposite bank. Great fishing upstream from the falls. Great fun at Lake Britton.

BUT this is one busy crowded campground.  It is large (many sites) has cabins, a visitor center and a store.  So for me a tent camper this can feel like a freeway.  So go in the off season - spring and fall.  All the camping areas are not open then, but there are no crowds.

For tents some of the sites are open and not very private - meant for RVs. But you can hunt down a decent tent site.  They have all the amenities here.

Beyond the falls and beyond the lake there is lots of hiking here. Hiking up the stream is magical.  There are fall colors to enjoy, especially around Lake Britton.  You can even strick out for the subway cave or Lassen or Mcloud from this central location.

Prettiest waterfall I’ve seen

I have camped at burney falls twice. My first time camping here I stayed in the little cabins they have. (Memorial Cabin Area) That was pretty awesome it’s just a small cabin that has a bed, all cooking and hanging out is done outside the cabin. It has a little porch was pretty cute. The downside to this campground is that it’s pretty obvious that visitors feed the squirrels. The squirrels were more than accustomed to coming right up to us. I put groceries on the picnic table and was unloading the car and squirrels literally ran to the table to attack. I was more than annoyed by this because I don’t interact with wildlife, for their safety to the public who may harm them. My second time staying I tent camped and the first night it rained. (Pioneer Campground) This was no huge deal to me because from what I’ve learned about the outdoors is you’ll never get the weather you expect haha. The next couple days weather started clearing up but was still cloudy. We hiked down to the water fall which is so breath taking and then hiked out to the lake. They have a souvenir shop, firewood and restrooms right on the campground. There’s a small town about 15-20 minute drive to shingle town that normally has little outside events.

Surreal Waterfall

This is a very large campground outside of Lassens, if you are deterred by the size of the campground you are making a mistake! We got an excellent site right next to the cliff with plenty of privacy. The waterfall is amazing and theres an awesome little lake nearby too!

Something for everyone

This campground is super popular, so you will most likely need a reservation in advance. But it’s so worth it! The waterfalls are breathtaking, the lake is refreshing and the campground itself is relaxing and peaceful. The sites aren’t super cramped, there is a general store, clean facilities, and even cool cabins if that’s your thing. We’ve been in July and late fall and both times were spectacular.

wow!

the falls are amazing. i love the temperature difference you can experience when you hike to the bottom of the falls. looking forward to going again.

Nice CA state park

It had been over 20 years since the last time we camped here so I was pleased to see that updates had been made and the park is well maintained. Two loops: Rim Camp and Pioneer camp. Pioneer has over 20 cabins plus over 20 camping sites. We stayed in the Rim Camp; on a Monday the week before Memorial Day, we had our pick of sites as the park was nearly empty but the website warns that on weekends and during the summer, this park does fill up. No hookups so the $35 per night ($33 for seniors) price is a little pricey. Some sites have paved pads and some are dirt; since it rained hard as soon as we set up, we appreciated the pavement. Bathrooms have been updated since the last time we were here in the mid-1990s and they are individual rooms with toilet and sink and (powdered) soap but no trash receptacle. Didn’t check the condition of the showers. The two draws are Burney Falls and Lake Britton. We didn’t go to the lake because it was cold and rainy but there are boat and kayak rentals available, which we would take advantage of during nicer weather. Absolutely no cell service!

Great clean campground lots to do falls are fantastic lake has good fishing

Its clean lots of space between campgrounds great fishing the falls are beautiful

Family fun

we loved this campground! You have options of no hiking and enjoying some spectacular views or short hikes to see even more spectacular views! So even my kids enjoyed the hiking! The staff was so kind and the store is away from the camping by a short walk. Close enough but not to close! Absolutely loved this place for family camping.

Cabins though were not what we expected. 2 room cabin and we got 2 bunk beds and a space heater. Nothing in front room. Bring your table and chairs. Bunk beds were comfortable though!

Year 2021 Flag