Camping in Union Grove

262 Reviews of 24 Union Grove, Alabama Campgrounds

Helen K.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Clean and fun

It was a beautiful campground. The site we were on was not ideal. As soon as we stepped out the door we had to go up an incline to get to our picnic table. Our camper was pretty level and most of the other sites looked much better than ours, but that is what we get for booking late. The sites were…

SiteC45
A
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Integrity Issue

On 21 April, I booked a 3-Night stay for Memorial Day Weekend at Sasquatch Farms (2985 Browns Trace Rd South Pittsburg TN 37380). I called their desk and inquired about this new campground. The price was two to three times a normal campground with only water and electric. She told me that the…

Jerry M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Awesome spot!

So glad this was my first experience in my RV. The owners here were so helpful and gave us some great tips on our RV and were super accommodating. The first site we entered got a bit muddy after a few days of rain and they brought in a truckload of gravel and spread it out to keep the mud at bay.

Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

State park with a view!!!!

Old Stone Fort has nice sites with concrete picnic tables. Some of the sites on the lower end flood so caution is required when reserving a campsite. There is electrical hookups (30 & 50)as well as water. The park is just down the street.

w
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Primitive camping

We recently stayed in the Collins west campground. About a half mile hike in to the sites from parking. The area was perfect for the 6 of us with plenty of family friendly hiking. The overlook by campsite 3 which is my favorite site was amazing!

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Easy on and off fromI-24

It’s clean well run campground that is very close to I-24. We have stayed here many times and enjoy the convenience when passing through.

Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful Lakeview!

Cedar point campground it's a little interesting getting to it but it is beautiful once you get there. There are 10 campsites that are lakeside six of those having 50 amps. The sites are pulled through with electric and water there is a dump station provided.

• this is the road into the campground
  • the view from wf-17
SiteWF17
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

This campground is in tellico plains

I went to visit this campground today. So I called the number and this campground is actually in tellico plains Tennessee. There is no campground at this location. So please please do not make the trip out there.

Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

In search of Sasquatch!!!

We went on opening weekend. So it is not completed. The sewers weren't in, the showers aren't completed and some of the sites were very good. But with that being said the staff is wonderful they provided wood and ice. They also have some very very creative ideas. There are two dump stations. We…

• we did locate a Sasquatch on Sasquatch Farm!
Sitewe stayed at site 39
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Perfect Weekend Getaway

We made a last minute decision to visit Monte Sano when a site became available for Memorial Day weekend. The campground is fantastic! The sites are shaded, well spaced, and easy to navigate. The park has tons of hiking options and even a disc golf course! We will definitely be back.

Allie S.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great older campground

Great older campground with lots of options. Cabin, RV, tent. Hiking galore. This old campground atop Mont Sano has something for everyone.

Sitecabin 11
Month of VisitOctober
Stacey H.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Expectations Exceeded

Very happy with our stay. Site 21 backed up the Little Duck River. Sites are very spacious with ample room between sites. Our site was very level for the camper. Updated bathrooms! The Ranger was very attentive.

William Andrew C.
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Not a lot of options near the parking lot for hammocks

The only decent spot for hammocks is the little campsite that is right in front of the parking lot. We went over to the clearing just north of the parking lot, but there were no good spots. The clearing was extremely overgrown, as was the tree line all around the clearing. At the site directly in…

SitePrimitive site right next to parking lot
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Love it

Amazing place to stay. Good park with plenty for the kids.

Siteh55
Bryony C.
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Great family campground

I’m a Huntsville native and have camped here more times than I can count. Over the years they have made great updates. Facilities are always clean, you’re never far from a bath house, the roads are good, and it’s beautiful. I’m a tent camper but appreciate having water and electric hook up sites…

Month of VisitDecember