Camping in Norman

71 Reviews of 15 Norman, Alabama Campgrounds

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Not what we hoped for

We stayed in the Antioch loop on site 93. The site was super close to 92 and 94. We felt we had no personal space. A couple kept walking through our campsite to get to a boat they had parked at our site. I love rustic but Antioch was not rustic, it was over grown and did not look maintained. We…

SiteAntioch 93
B
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Family friendly. Loved it!

Very nice set up, kid friendly. We are enjoying our stay. 😍

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful quiet park

Quiet park with fairly level spaces most of which are on the water. Electric and water only with a dump station in the center of the park. One thing to be aware of is that the 4" sewer plug is NOT a sewer connection

fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Alabama lake spot

Stopped overnight at this very quiet spot. Didn't see much but lake was very buetiful. Worth coming back.

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Peacefully Beautiful

We love Deerlick! Nice cleans sites, happy hosts, and clean bathhouse! We can’t wait to get back. The recreation options were endless.

Neil T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2021

Has potential - but just ok

The good:

Quiet Big shady trees Creek goes through it Lots of neat buildings Camp store has some items and snacks

The not so good:

Not much information on what you are looking at or should look for

Picnic tables in sad shape

Camping spots had a bit of a parking lot feel

Bathhouse in disrepair…

David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

One of my favorites

Probably one of the best kept secrets. Very clean and peaceful. Great get away location.

Gregg G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Remote, Affordable USFS campground with Cell service

Payne Lake East is primitive camping that costs $6 dollars a night.  From here you can access the amenities on the west shore.  We are here in mid February and all but one of the full hook up sites on the west side are occupied.  However, on the east side there is only one other camper. The lake is…

• East Side primitive camping
  • Lake view from the dam
  • Pavilion at the swim area
Month of VisitMarch
charles K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Peace and quiet

Amazing place to be never a bad experience in 24 years great fishing great sites. 15 minutes from the next town and it’s small perfect get away.

Pollo L.
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2020

Hidden Gem

What else can you ask for, quiet and isolated. Restroom was nice and clean and camp host was available for any questions. Plenty of firewood to use around the property.

Mark W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

Peaceful.

Beautiful spot for hiding in the dark and peeking at other campers.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

Peaceful

It’s in the middle of nowhere, but that’s what makes it the perfect getaway.

• Dump Station. Basketball court behind it.
  • Site 29
Greg W.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

I think that this is my favorite

Always enjoy Gunter Hill...plenty of space and scenery is good anytime of the year..we have been here several times..