Yurts
About Beech Fork State Park
Beech Fork State Park is located in West Virginia
16 Reviews of Beech Fork State Park
First stay

Campground was nice. Staff was nice. Spots were roomy. They had recently mowed but left all the clippings so it that was quite messy especially being in a tent. Lake was nice to kayak without worrying of large boats. Even though we were paying to stay overnight for 3 nights, it was an additional charge for the pool AND to go to the beach area. I think if you are paying to stay on the grounds this should be included.

Top notch

The best place to camp in WV in my humble opinion. Kids can enjoy themselves riding bikes and not have to worry about them getting hit by cars. You can take a kayak or even boat up to your campsite. There is a disc golf course at the campgrounds as well. If swimming in the lake isn’t your thing then the beech fork pool is not even a min away, nice big pool with 2 diving boards and also a kiddie pool for the wee little ones. All in all it’s a great place and you should definitely try it!

Looking for a great getaway with lots of stuff to do?

Go to Beech Fork! I’ve been camping here with my family for close to ten years now and we always have a blast. I’ve stayed in primitive sites and RV sites and you can’t really go wrong with either (my review will be 4 stars until I check out the cabins)! Whether you’re looking to spend some time on the lake, fish, hike, bike, or even learn a thing or two about West Virginia history, Beech Fork will typically have you covered. The park stays clean and the staff are pretty good people as well!

Quiet

Very secure

Been going to beech fork since it opened. Home sweet home!

Great place for kids

Beautiful Campground

Love this place!

Lovely valley surrounded by mountians

This campground offers a handful of trails easy to moderate. Pretty lake with ducks everywhere, as well as geese. Saw many deer through out our stay, even some beaters. Bathhouse is nice and laundry one spot. Oh and it was butterfly maiting season. There is also a creek that runs along the nature trail, which is a super shot walk, that was perfect for walking through or wading in the water. Although the further you get up steam from the lake the cleaner it gets, and bring water shoes there was a decent amount of glass.

Family Favorite - perfect weekend trip

My family and I love this campground and usually camp here a few times a year. There are always plenty of great spaces, we have never stayed at a spot that we didn't like. Spots are a good size and clean. The spots on the lake are our favorites, but are usually first to fill up. You won't be far from the lake wherever your spot is. The full hookup spots are in my opinion most crowded. I prefer the sites as you drive further into the park. Great for bike riding and lake activities. The land is flat and there are plenty of low traffic areas to ride. Boat rental fees are reasonable, you can travel to the marina for some boats but paddle boats and canoe rentals are within walking distance of your site. Some hiking is available also. The bathrooms are almost always clean and I have rarely had to wait for a shower. Pool is a decent size and discounted for campers. The camp store is usually well stocked with essentials that you don't want to go into town for, but town isn't so far away that it is impossible to get to anything. There is also a game room and a nice restroom in the lodge. Riding bikes here and hanging out on the edge of the lake is our favorite thing to do here though. They also have lots of organized activities for families.

Great Weekend spot

Being only 5 hours from southern Indiana makes this spot a long weekend favorite. The camp store is always well stocked and the snack bar is a treat for ice cream. Buy firewood from the locals on the road outside of the park on your way in. The lake is huge and boat rental is reasonable and relaxing. Pick a spot in one of the Cove camping areas or go full hookup.

Great for boating and fishing

There are 2 parks to Beech Fork. One is the actual campground the other is the marina. Same lake but a bit of a drive to get to each other. At the campground side there is a pool. During the evening hours they offered kid friends activities like slip and slid.