The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Laneville Camping Reviews
OK, but not real camping by West Coast standards

Nice, crowded.  Grandkids had fun.  Lake was nice to cool off in.  Not a place I would do again.

Fantastic owners

Terrific owners, super attentive, and personal. They take the time to chat with just about everyone who visits their property. They are relentless on maintenance and have about 60 acres to mow and care for. The store onsite has just about anything you could need for your stay including firewood. The river is fantastic and holds trout and smallmouth for those that like to fish. A popular spot on the weekends and gets busy with all types of travelers from class A super rigs to very modest trailers. Ended up staying 2 weeks as the wifi service is the best we have had on the road. The majority of the site is level and grass. I will be back for the bluegrass festival in August (Pickin in Parsons).

Beautiful mountain area. Lake is beautiful! Nice hiking trails.

Awesome and Quite

Spacious campsite and level with plenty of things to do. If you’re up to boating or hiking this place is for you. Restroom and shower facilities are top notch. Currently staying 4 days in an RV and couldn’t be happier.

Beautiful, clean, friendly and attentive owners

Love this campground. Have both tent and RV camping year round.  Always enjoy a relaxing weekend there. Very clean, well cared for.

Family Friendly & Base for Outdoor Adventures

This was our first trip to Five River Campground, and we loved it! Beautiful spot on the river— only tent camping in a huge field separated us from the water. The interior was more crowded and didn’t have a view; but Joyce helped us pick a beautiful spot when we called for reservation.

Everyone was super friendly and helpful as we learn to set up our new teardrop to the full hook ups. John delivered firewood right to our site, and they texted the hours of the trading post store. Lots of happy, courteous kids and well-behaved dogs on leashes. Our pups loved it, especially swimming! We appreciated the poop bags and trash cans convos fly located around the campground. There are a ton of hikes within 30 minutes, and we checked out Douglas Falls. Next time, we’ll visit Lindy Observation deck and more of Blackwater Falls State Park. Grocery store, gas station and a family dollar all within a 5 min drive or walk.

Nature All Around

As new (to RV) camping with a nuCamp teardrop, we chose this spot for a last minute getaway! I’m so glad we did. About a 2:45 hour drive from Pittsburgh, PA the drive in on a Friday late afternoon helped decompress the pain and heaviness of our current world. So many windy (but safe) country road as we entered the campgrounds. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous pulling in to the site. I thought it would be a bit more secluded from other RVs. Many kids running around and on bikes so I was questioning our decision. However - it was just the right spot!! All of the other campers were so generous to help us navigate backing in our new Teardrop, including John, the owner. He spent plenty of time coaching us to park all the way to the do’s and don’t s of hooking up electric and sewage. His wife Joyce showed us to our space and was so warm and friendly, and helped us secure this spot when we called to ask a few questions before booking. And really, all the other campers were cheering us on when we got the little Teardrop in the best spot!! We backed up to a large field (spot 3) and had a great view of the river! I didn’t feel crowded at all!! Our two dogs swam in the river, we took a hike to Douglas Falls on the Blackwater Canyon trail and really did some necessary healing from the world here. We are grateful. And as two women traveling together, we felt included and welcomed from all the campers and owners and staff. We will go back. This is a beautiful area of our country.

Excellent camping in Parsons

I really love Five River Campground in Parsons, WV. The owners are amazing! This campground is paved up to the campground. It has 120 RV sites many with full hook-ups. It can accommodate tents to large rigs. It has great cell signal for most carriers and even offers wifi and cable. It is a pretty level area so riding bicycles around the campground and even into town are doable. In August, they have a huge Bluegrass Festival here too! I will definitely be back here again! Only cons were I had to leave and no picnic tables.

Loved staying here.

Awesome campground in the middle of the mountains. We were looking for a get away and found this gem. The owners are great, showers clean and had plenty of space.

Very quiet after the summer!

Ranger Review: Stream2Sea Shampoo & Bodywash and Leave-In Conditioner

Campground Review:

Don’t let the name fool you, the campground is across the street from the lake and there are no lake view sites. We arrived after 6 pm on a Tuesday after Labor Day and found there were only six out of 112 sites occupied. We had the entire Delphia Loop to ourselves. Some loops allow pets and others do not. One loop (the Meshach Browning Loop) has electric hookups; the other loops do not. With so few campers, we were surprised to find the office staffed until 10 pm but this made checking in easier than self-registration. The campground is gated and you need a code to get in; this gave me pause wondering about how safe it was but there were regular ranger patrols and all was quiet. Restrooms in the Delphia loop were modern and very clean. The showers were very nice and rivaled any hotel shower I’ve had. We were told there were regular bear sightings and there were bear boxes at each site; we saw many deer but not a single bear, keeping our zero bear sightings record intact. Each site also had a fire ring, lantern hook (but you would need to be much taller than me to reach it!), and very generous sized picnic table. Alcohol, weapons, and fireworks are prohibited. No/very limited cell service. Sites in the Delphia and George Beckman loops are very quiet but some sites in the other two loops are closer to the road so you will hear road noise. The lake is open Memorial Day through Labor Day so I imagine this campground would yield a very different experience in the height of summer!

------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the awesome opportunity to review products. I'm reviewing two products from Stream2Sea because they are meant to be used together. I am hesitant to use multi-use products as generally, one or the other function is compromised. However, the Shampoo and Body Wash from Stream2Sea  was a nice surprise. Fresh scent and rinsed easily out of my hair, leaving it soft with no residue. Stream2Sea does not have a rinse-out conditioner but it is recommended that you use the leave-in conditioner. When I first used this, my hair felt a little stiff but if I used it very sparingly, this was no longer an issue. By using these two products, I was able to use one product instead of three (soap, shampoo, and rinse out conditioner). But the best thing I liked about these products was how much fuller my hair looked after blow-drying it. I don’t have much hair so anything that makes it look like I have more is a bonus in my book!