Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
About Goodell Creek Campground

Situated in lush, old growth forest on the banks of the Skagit River. Elevation 500'. First-come, first-serve and appropriate for tents and small RVs. Drinking water, garbage service, and vault toilets provided. No hook-ups or showers. Covered picnic shelter. Gathering firewood is prohibited, but firewood can be purchased outside of the park. Recreational Opportunities: Raft/kayak launch on the Skagit River. Fishing on the Skagit and tributaries.

ADA Access: No ADA sites available; http://www.nps.gov/noca/planyourvisit/accessibility-goodell.htm

Sites
Fee Info
There is no discount for group campsites.
Price
$50.00
National Park Service
Hike In
Goodell Creek Campground is located in Washington
Directions
Located south of SR 20 (North Cascades Highway) at mile post 119. Thirteen miles (21 km) east of Marblemount, 74 miles (119 km) west of Winthrop.
14 Reviews of Goodell Creek Campground
Cozy, quiet, primitive

This is a nice campground away from the large mass of people up the road toward diablo lake. It’s right off the hi-way and next to a river and easily accessible. They have put toilets and a nice set up with decent to large spacing between spots. It was actually astounding for this type of campground how spaced out you are. The big draw for me were the massive old growth trees here. I would definitely stay here again.

Great sites

Camped here for two days and have to say it was a great experience. I’m a solo hiker so I didn’t stay at my actual site for super long but it was nice coming back each night to a site that was good sized and beautifully lush. Also, having the river so close is a definite plus

Ok

Right off the beaten path, very popular. Big sites but prefer it more secluded.

Tranquil Riverside Camping

There were very few other campers while I was visiting Goddell Creek. This would have been ideal but there had been recent mountain lion and bear sightings in the area and I was camping alone. I decided to set up a few sites down from another group but still right along the river. Had the weather been a little hotter I might have changed a dip in the water. The sites are all relatively separated but an easy walking distance from outhouses. The North Cascades are incredible and well worth a visit even just for the drive in and out. I will most certainly be back again soon. Unfortunately I have no photos of the actual campsite.

Beautiful & Peaceful

We stayed at a walk-in site. The site was only a 4 minute walk from the parking area and it was very private and peaceful. The site was a good size and well separated from the other sides. We could hear the river going by and that's it. The North cascades visitors center is close by with good information about hikes.

Easy access to North Cascades, even in the spring season

Because we were visiting North Cascades in the early season -- actually, the day the main park road reopened! -- we had a limited number of campgrounds to choose from within the low-country area of the park.

Newhalem was a nice base camp for our four days of hiking and driving our way through the park. The sites were spacious and scenic, and there were flush toilets and running water nearby. Since it was late April, there was maybe only one or two other campers in the campground, so that added to our sense of solitude.

In any other case, we would choose to visit North Cascades much later in the season. We love to hike, and only were able to hike low-elevation trails like Fourth of July Pass and Thunder Knob. We also had the Diablo Lake Overlook all to ourselves, which is a jaw-dropping view.

You can read much more about our five days in the park on our blog: Switchback Kids (North Cascades)

Fall Camping

Visited the campground 10/21/16-10/23/16. With it being this late in the season to camp, the grounds were free. There were no services, so you need to bring your own water, and pack out your trash. Pit toilets, decently clean, definitely smelly. We camped on site 20 and 21, right on the river. It was a great spot!

Pretty short drive to Northern Cascades

We had to navigate out of the campground in the rain, which isn't so far out of the way that it was difficult. we were happy with the facilities and the proximity to the town.

Whoa Diablo Lake...Whoa

Diablo Lake….Incredible. Great hiking trails around the lake with incredible vistas to be seen. Go! Check out the dam powerplant in town too.

Great access to NOCA Visitor Center

Beautiful wooded campground right next to the North Cascades Visitor’s Center. Plenty of spots for larger trailers and campers. Water spigots and flush toilets. Historic Newhalem is right next door, so make sure you visit for a walking tour that takes you back to the time that the hydroelectric project was being built. Town is still owned and run by Seattle City Light, the public utility that built and runs the hydro project. Easy walking trails nearby. Cost=$16. Half of the campground is reservable via the National Park Service and half is first come, first served.