Camping in Ocean Grove

278 Reviews of 31 Ocean Grove, Washington Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Lush and Beautiful

This was our first camping trip out after moving to WA. Talk about GREEN AND LUSH!! No hookups, but very nice campground. Trail goes around the entire campground and hooks up to a few others. Our site was very private. Brush very thick between many sites.

• trail leads to river
SiteB32
S
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Beautiful State Park

Stayed in Forest loop. Hookups, lots of trails all around, plus the beach, and a coffee kiosk. What more could you ask for?

• huge site
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

June 2021 A24

The campsite we had was difficult to back into because they recently reversed the arrows for road direction. That means all the sites fro A22 onward are now facing the wrong way!

SiteA024
Chris
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

A night in the rainforest

Going East on Upper Hoh Rd, a site is on the Left side, before the pay booth for Olympic NP. The have 2 signs posted, Discover Pass required and no campfires. This location has 1 designed campsite, which is completely out of view from the road. Quiet location, rains often...ie rainforest.

Katie L.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great views, beautiful spot

We preferred Kalaloch to Mora. The beach was gorgeous and access is super close. We camped in D32 and loved the site. Plenty of space and a nice wooded area for the kids to play.

SiteD32
Dan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great location on the beach

This is very well maintained state campground within walking distance of the beach. Very clean with all the amenities. Each loop is really quiet and shielded from the wind by the coastal forest.

p
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Quiet

Quiet. Small camping sites, mostly for tent camping. Some RV with electric hookup. Area for oversized RV available. Next to Sol duc river, nice. Clean toilets.

Raak V.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

A Decent “Last Resort”

We were traveling through Washington on a busy holiday weekend - without campground reservations. There were virtually no boondocking opportunities on this part of our route - plenty of forest, but also lots of gates and “no trespassing” signs. We had just driven through the little town of South…

Siten/a
Adrienne Q.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Clean and friendly

We stayed at Bogachiel for Memorial Day weekend. The park sits very close to 101 so there is road noise, but we live in a city and next to a fire station, so it didn’t bother us. It’s a small campground and that made it feel very manageable—no longer walks to the bathroom or the riverbank. There…

Annie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Wet but worth it.

This is a very wet campground(you are in the Hoh Rainforest afterall), so bring some extra tarps to stay dry. There are 3 loops, with a few riverside sites in Loops A and C. There were a lot of downed trees that were in various states of being cleared when I was there, which did close some sites to…

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Very nice with great trail access

This campground has new, clean restroom facilities and the camp sites were very tidy.  The sites seemed well spaced, but was only 1/2 full during our two night stay in the middle of the week.  Great access to the Hall of Mosses, Spruce Nature and Hoh River Trails. Special treat was having a…

SiteA7
E
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Descent sites and Lodge Conveniences

You cant beat a beach campground that has its own convenience store at the Lodge next door. Everything you need. Mostly wooded sites.

Olivia P.
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Great place!

My family and I came from Seattle to stay here and we were not disappointed! The ride there was easy and the pretty direct. The park was beautiful with trails and bathrooms and camping was offered just outside the visitor building. Plenty of spots and nicely spaced out so you’re not disturbing your…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

2nd time here

This was my second time staying here. It’s convenient for waking up early to get out on the trail before the crowd. Flushing toilets, heated bathrooms. Nice campground.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Guard your spot (even if you pay for it)

This campground seems to bring out not so nice side of people. I had my campground that I paid for stolen two separate times by people even though my ticket stub was up on the board and I left a note on the picnic table saying it was taken. Both times I addressed the people in my spot and they lied…

Sitec20, a42