the dyrt
Hozomeen - North Cascades National Park is located in Washington
49 N
2 Reviews of Hozomeen - North Cascades National Park
LOVE!

Highly recommend the North Cascades. One of my favorite places to visit. Recently my husband and I took a week long trip touring the North Cascades, camping and hiking. The hiking is incredible and the views are breathtaking. We stayed here for 1 night and it was everything we needed. Picnic table and fire ring at every site, which is always handy for sitting and eating! We had some epic s’mores filled with marshmallows and Reese’s peanut butter cups! We got up early the next morning to hike, and that definitely didn’t disappoint. Incredible is all I have to say! Best hiking I’ve ever done, hands down. Campground has bathroom on site- we brought our own TP which was smart because they ran out of toilet paper when we were there! They are sort of the portapotty ones, just FYI. SUPER smelly. Overall, liked it here and wish we could have stayed longer.

Amazing location, you're almost in Canada

I spent a few nights here in October and it was absolutely stunning! Ross Lake is beautiful, clean and crisp. We happened to be here during a full moon and the amount of light throughout the night was absolutely incredible. The sites are spacious and several are along the lakeshore. As for spacing, they seem adequate but there weren't many other visitors when we were there.

We hiked along the PCT to get here (with a side jaunt up Desolation Peak). We camped at several backcountry sites along the way (we started at the East Bank Trailhead) so this was a welcome home to wrap up our journey. We were fortunate to take a boat ride back to the other end of the lake to end our trip.

The Canadian boarder can also be accessed on foot from this park. The trail signs are measured in kilometers as well as miles, always fun to do the math.

There is running water here but I'm not sure about electric hookups (we didn't have any at our site). Sites do have campfire rings and durable bear boxes. We did experience a large rodent presence so be sure to keep your food and any salty (from food or sweat) secured otherwise they will find their way into it.