Lake , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Lake Camping Reviews
Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

Cabin 24

Cabin 24 is a 2BR/1BA cinderblock cabin with waterfront views and large yard space. One room has two bunk beds, dresser, shelving, a lamp, and two night stands. Other room has a queen bed, shelving, a lamp, night stand, and dresser. Fireplace and screened in porch are lovely. There’s a fire pit and picnic table, and plenty of parking space.

More details on the cabin to follow!

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Dont go on the weekends

It is a really nice park but the weekends get extremely busy. The beach area especially. You might be able to have some space to yourself at the fossil beach (nice sharks teeth) but that can get busy too.

State Park Plus Beach

Basic state park, does have some extras like a beach, fishing pier and crabbing piers. Lots of people on the weekend but the weeks are nice. Piers attached to campground are nice but can also get crowded.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Great little spot

Great little camping spot. This was RV only. No tent camping here. There were a few different options for site sizes pending the size of camper/rv you have. Some of the end sites were larger and had a larger fireplace and tables. The standard sites did had a tiny tin bucket for your fire pit. Wish they were more of a fire pit though. The campground wasn’t too loud, people were respectful and all the fellow campers were very friendly. If you’re looking for things to do, there is an arcade for the kids near the entrance and some mini golf (I personally wouldn’t call it mini golf and it doesn’t look the greatest) There’s a few wineries and a brewery not too far from the campground as well

Easy hike in camp site

7 or 8 tent pads. Wood for sale at the site for $4 honor system. Porta pottie right next to wood pile. You’re not supposed to setup anything outside of the “tent pads”. I had a hammock hung and three rangers saw but didn’t say anything. Over all easy 2.5 mile hike on groomed gravel trails. No water on site and no reasonable source to filter water from so be prepared.

Westmoreland

My son and I went here at the end of August for our first tent camping trip and even with the heat it was still great it’s a beautiful spot and the camp host was super friendly

Awesome!

Beautiful views, good trails, nice sites. A lot of fun here. Will be back soon!