Pets Unknown
About Hope

Hope Campground is located near Provo Canyon along Squaw Peak Road at an elevation of 6,500 feet. This primitive site is popular for its close proximity to Orem and Provo, Utah. Countless recreational activities are available in the surrounding area.

Recreation

Hiking and biking are popular activities near Hope. The Rock Canyon Trail and Squaw Peak Trail both begin nearby. Squaw Peak Road is open to mountain biking as well.

Facilities

The campground offers several family campsites with picnic tables, grills and campfire rings. Vault toilets are provided. Please be aware there is no water on site; bring all the water you will need for your stay.

Natural Features

The campground is forested with maple, scrub oak and fir trees, which offer plentiful shade and pretty fall color.

Nearby Attractions

Vivian Park is located just 6 miles up Provo Canyon. It sits along the paved Provo River Parkway, offering picnicking areas and fishing. Beautiful Bridal Veil Falls is near the park.

Hikers enjoy the 14-mile round-trip trail to the summit of Mount Timpanogos. The Aspen Grove Trailhead is approximately 15 miles from the campground, near Sundance Resort on the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway.

Deer Creek State Park is just 30 minutes up Provo Canyon, offering fishing, boating and swimming.

Charges & Cancellations

Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees

Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation. Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount. You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777. Late Cancellations

Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival. Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply. Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee. Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee. Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge. No-Shows

Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date. If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees. Refunds

Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure. Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location. Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card. Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy. Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure. Recreation.gov Billing Information

Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777." Changes to Policies and Procedures

Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018. ADA Access: N

Sites
Fee Info
24 single sites - $24.00, capacity - 8 people 2 double sites - $48.00, capacity - 16 people Picnicking (Day Use in the Campground) - $10.00 Extra Vehicle - $9.00 per vehicle
Price
$24.00 - $48.00
National Forest
Hope is located in Utah
Directions
From I-15, take exit 272 onto 800 North toward Orem. Turn east on Highway 52 to the mouth of Provo Canyon. Go east on Highway 189 for 2 miles to the Squaw Peak turnoff. Turn right onto Squaw Peak Road and continue 5 miles to campground.
5 Reviews of Hope
Too close to a major city- noisy and unsafe.

Stayed here for Father's Day. Everything that could go wrong did. First someone took our campsite. I spoke to the male adult putting up the tent he told me the "guy" said it was ok for him to camp there. I went to speak to the Camp Host who said he had actually told them it was "ok if no one showed up". Possibly the stupidest thing to tell a family with several young children as guests can show up at any time during the night; something CLEARLY evidenced by all the motorcycle noise and car lights that night. I asked the host if he could help me vacate the campsite but he refused. So I had to have an totally uncomfortable conversation with a Dad who was very upset. He kept asking how did I reserve the site so I told him that it was listed on Recreation.org and that anyone could reserve it months ahead of time.  Next morning we also had people shooting in the woods behind the campground- apparently shooting the trees is a thing people do for fun here. Try to play this game- people having fun or mass shooter? Who knows! There were also a LOT of flies everywhere this time of year and they just kept going on our clothes and hair- it was disgusting. People were chopping  trees to make firewood. The Squirrels are pretty aggressive getting really close and jumping on our table while we ate, several managed to chew holes in our our gear. OH and the water was shut off because they had just tested it and it was positive for E.Coli- FUN!  I don't recommend at all. Go further into the canyon if you seek some quiet.

Decent site, rude staff

Upon arrival the guy who maintained the site asked me how many days I was going to be there. I specified one, he charged me $12. I thought $12 was a good price for one overnight. I got my tent and everything situated and started to read my book while the dogs enjoyed the campsite. A few hours later the guy came back to bug me again. He started yelling up to me in my tent. Personally, I go camping to get away from people, so I was annoyed that this guy was interrupting my serenity yet again. The guy was rude and started lecturing me about how I told him I was only going to be there for one day. I was extremely confused and said yes, I only planned on being here the one night. He finally clarified that I would need to pay an additional $12 to stay overnight. He copped an attitude like i was trying to lie or rip him off or something. The only reason I didn’t pay the full amount was because the guy was very misleading with the way he originally asked me, as he asked how MANY days I was going to be there. I assumed that meant how many overnights. I don’t know why he asked me “how many” when he should have just asked me if I was planning on staying just for the day or overnight. Irritated that I had to deal with this ornery old man again I walked to my car and handed him more cash. I will not be camping here again due to the rude mannerisms of the staff despite it being a pretty campsite. The only reason this review is more than 1 Star is how pretty my view was waking up. If you’re going to pay for a campsite I suggest you go somewhere else. We’re in Utah, I’ve got a plethora of campgrounds within 30 minutes of my house. I don’t need to interact with rude people to go camping. Honestly had I not already been completely setup to stay overnight I probably would’ve packed up my things and gotten the heck out of there just due to the principal of them treating me so poorly

Close to town

If you like to get away, but not take hours to drive there, this is a good option. There are a few trails you can take your kids on around the campground. No atvs are allowed in, but there are dirt roads to ride near hope. There are a lot of trees so shade is plentiful.

Loved it!

This is a perfect spot to camp. We would definitely go here again and again. Great camp spots with picnic tables, fire pits and grills. And great open spots for tents. Really close to the Provo River for day activities.

Camp for Quest

We had a great time camping at Hope! There was lots of space between sites, bathrooms located throughout site for easy access, great seating and fire pits! Could not have been to a better campsite for our adventure…