Add Review
About Hope

Hope Campground is located near Provo Canyon along Squaw Peak Road at an elevation of 6,500 feet. This primitive site is popular for its close proximity to Orem and Provo, Utah. Countless recreational activities are available in the surrounding area.

Recreation

Hiking and biking are popular activities near Hope. The Rock Canyon Trail and Squaw Peak Trail both begin nearby. Squaw Peak Road is open to mountain biking as well.

Facilities

The campground offers several family campsites with picnic tables, grills and campfire rings. Vault toilets are provided. Please be aware there is no water on site; bring all the water you will need for your stay.

24 single sites - $24.00 per day, capacity - 8 people

2 double sites - $48.00 per day, capacity - 16 people

Day Use fee - $9.00

Extra Vehicle fee - $9.00

Natural Features

The campground is forested with maple, scrub oak and fir trees, which offer plentiful shade and pretty fall color.

Nearby Attractions

Vivian Park is located just 6 miles up Provo Canyon. It sits along the paved Provo River Parkway, offering picnicking areas and fishing. Beautiful Bridal Veil Falls is near the park.

Hikers enjoy the 14-mile round-trip trail to the summit of Mount Timpanogos. The Aspen Grove Trailhead is approximately 15 miles from the campground, near Sundance Resort on the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway.

Deer Creek State Park is just 30 minutes up Provo Canyon, offering fishing, boating and swimming.

ADA Access: N

Sites
Price
$24.00 - $48.00
National Forest
Hope is located in Utah
Directions
From I-15, take exit 272 onto 800 North toward Orem. Turn east on Highway 52 to the mouth of Provo Canyon. Go east on Highway 189 for 2 miles to the Squaw Peak turnoff. Turn right onto Squaw Peak Road and continue 5 miles to campground.
4 Reviews of Hope
Decent site, rude staff

Upon arrival the guy who maintained the site asked me how many days I was going to be there. I specified one, he charged me $12. I thought $12 was a good price for one overnight. I got my tent and everything situated and started to read my book while the dogs enjoyed the campsite. A few hours later the guy came back to bug me again. He started yelling up to me in my tent. Personally, I go camping to get away from people, so I was annoyed that this guy was interrupting my serenity yet again. The guy was rude and started lecturing me about how I told him I was only going to be there for one day. I was extremely confused and said yes, I only planned on being here the one night. He finally clarified that I would need to pay an additional $12 to stay overnight. He copped an attitude like i was trying to lie or rip him off or something. The only reason I didn’t pay the full amount was because the guy was very misleading with the way he originally asked me, as he asked how MANY days I was going to be there. I assumed that meant how many overnights. I don’t know why he asked me “how many” when he should have just asked me if I was planning on staying just for the day or overnight. Irritated that I had to deal with this ornery old man again I walked to my car and handed him more cash. I will not be camping here again due to the rude mannerisms of the staff despite it being a pretty campsite. The only reason this review is more than 1 Star is how pretty my view was waking up. If you’re going to pay for a campsite I suggest you go somewhere else. We’re in Utah, I’ve got a plethora of campgrounds within 30 minutes of my house. I don’t need to interact with rude people to go camping. Honestly had I not already been completely setup to stay overnight I probably would’ve packed up my things and gotten the heck out of there just due to the principal of them treating me so poorly

Close to town

If you like to get away, but not take hours to drive there, this is a good option. There are a few trails you can take your kids on around the campground. No atvs are allowed in, but there are dirt roads to ride near hope. There are a lot of trees so shade is plentiful.

Loved it!

This is a perfect spot to camp. We would definitely go here again and again. Great camp spots with picnic tables, fire pits and grills. And great open spots for tents. Really close to the Provo River for day activities.

Camp for Quest

We had a great time camping at Hope! There was lots of space between sites, bathrooms located throughout site for easy access, great seating and fire pits! Could not have been to a better campsite for our adventure…