Equestrian
Water Unknown
About Bear Lake State Park

Famous for its brilliant Caribbean-aqua blue waters, Bear Lake Utah camping is an otherworldly oasis nestled between the Utah and Idaho border. Vast and extensive soft sand beaches attract visitors from all over the world, who come to fish, boat, camp, and recreate in the outdoors.

Aside from lake itself, off-roading and exploring the mountain trails are another popular activity. There’s a number rental locations nearby which can lend out their OHV (Off-Highway-Vehicles) to traverse the area’s various geographic oddities for a reasonable rate.

Speaking of the geography, Bear Lake State park is extremely organized and easy to navigate. In fact, there are three districts of the park meant for different types of recreation. First is the State Marina, located on the west side of Bear Lake. North end of Garden City, one mile north of the US 89 and SR 30 Junction. Second, is Rendezvous Beach, on the southwest curve of Bear Lake. Roughly 2 miles NW from Laketown on SR-30 from the CIsco Road and SR 30 Junction.

And finally, The Park’s Eastside Areas- Eastside of Bear Lake, including First Point, South Eden, Cisco Beach, Rainbow Cove, and North Eden. Distances vary from four miles to 13 miles on Cisco Road from Laketown and the Cisco Road SR 30 Intersection.

Reservation Info
Open Year Round
Bear Lake State Park is located in Utah
10 Reviews of Bear Lake State Park
Great little place to stop for the night !

No frills but a great stop if your traveling threw .. great place to rest nice people quite

Beautiful views and beach access

We love Bear Lake and the beach access at this camp ground is fantastic. We love the shade over the tables and hook ups for our trailer. Very clean campground and has showers and bathrooms available.

Perfect for large get-togethers

We stayed about 5 miles outside of Bear Lake in the mountains past mile marker 492. Lots of campsites that are plenty private and have the capacity to hold a LOT of people each. We couldn’t hear any other campers, but driving in, we noticed that there were plenty. Super beautiful, super clean, super perfect.

IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE GO!!

Bear lake is so much fun. There are so many things to do on the lake and in the surrounding areas. From boating to swimming and kayaking and other fun activities for the whole family. We have even biked around the lake which was a blast!! It's a great place to escape the cares of normal life. If you do go, make sure you get the famous raspberry shake!

Pure beauty!

Fell in love with bear lake! Can't even describe the water color and how easy it is to walk right into it from the large beach. Amazing area I can't wait to go back to.

Gets the Job Done

I was here for one night with my dog. They allow dogs in the campground, but not on the beach. I wasn't aware of this, so it's a big part of why I only rated it three stars. The campground was pretty bare and not the prettiest or most immersed location when it comes to Utah. But it was what I needed. I can't comment on the beach since I didn't go. I had to drive to other parts of the lake so my dog could join me. Bear Lake itself is nice and pretty large, but make sure you have a boat, SUP or some kind of water device or it can get boring quickly. People recommend their famous raspberry shakes and I would say for good reason. About an hour drive into Idaho is, in my opinion, the much prettier Bloomington Lake with a rope swing and mountain face backdrop. But the water can get pretty cold.

Clear water

took a while, coming from the idaho side to find a place to put in out paddle boards but we eventually just paid the 10 dollars and parked at the marina. The beach was walled in with private beaches that I wasn't allowed access in. I was disgusted by the greed of it but once getting on the water it was beautiful. The water is so clear you can see all the way to the ground. Simply amazing. The campground was nice. There were very considerate campers around us that weren't too loud at night. I didn't see the host, we just paid at the box and went to the site. There's a fire pit and table. There's electrical hookups in the sites which was nice because we ended up having cell service and we could charge our cameras.

Breathtaking in the Winter!

This place is more well known for its summer activities like boating and the wonderful beaches that are there. We went there in the winter for a snowmobiling trip however and were blown away by how stunning it was in the winter. I highly recommend going in the winter! Less people = more peace!

First Camping Experience

The overall drive to the campsite is just gorgeous. The campgrounds were flat and perfect for tenting. The walk to the beach is dragging. I just dont understand why ATVS cant go down to the beach just to carry stuff down. Because walking through the trail and hearing rattlers in every direction is nerve racking. I do love how were are right on the border for idaho and idaho dont care about ATVS… Overall wonderul experience execpt for the rangers coming down like 4 times out of the day.. also i think people need to learn IT'D A HUGE LAKE you do not have tune or jetski right where somebody has their boat anchored.. also this the wrong time of year to bring your dog in this type of heat.. loved it! Love the little cites on the way up!

yuck

Had fun because of who we were with will never camp there again