Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Little Beaver State Park is located in West Virginia
7 Reviews of Little Beaver State Park
Bacteria in the water

We spent the weekend of the 4th of July here. My 9 year old was playing with the water spicket and scratched a bug bite. He ended up with a flesh eating bacteria from camping here. I constantly go fishing here. However do not recommend using the water spickets at the site if you have small kids.

Great little secret

This place is fabulous. Sites with water and electric hookup 1-20. Spacious , private . We had #9 . Level..walking trail system connected to camp sites. Cleanest bathrooms and showers I’ve seen. Cute little store for firewood …they bring to you. Daily trash pickup . Beautiful trails. Scenic lake . Must see this little secret gem!

A nice campground

I enjoyed this campground. A nice playground for children. Lots of deer about. The tent sites have water, fire ring, table and nice shade.  Lots of lovely trails to explore. It was quiet and super clean. The only drawback is that you need to drive to the restroom because the walk is a little too far.  But the restroom was super clean.

Resident Beaver

Just a quick FYI, there is no camping in the winter. We stopped by for an overnight while enroute to Ohio. I don’t always check ahead while road tripping , I see a recreation sign and decide to stop for the night. This CCC State Park is very picturesque and has several hiking trails and the man-made lake is small but offers plenty of recreation possibilities.

I found the layout a little strange. The visitors center/ office sits right on the entry road but there is no parking in front of it. If you need to stop there use the parking area immediately to your right and then walk up.

The staff was limited , one grumpy older gentleman who never said a word to mej, just gave me sour looks like I was somehow putting him out by walking into the office. The younger gentleman was very informative and helpful. He answered questions about the parks history and suggested the best trails due to the slippery weather that was going on. We enjoyed a hike around the lake and then went on our way. I will be back for their camping season and to check out more of the trails. You could easily spend some time here and enjoy the surrounding area attractions. Check out Chocolate Moose in Beckley if you enjoy unique tasty coffee and excellent, friendly service and Tamarack for some West Virginia local art.

Not bad

Nice place in my hometown. Disconnect between the park headquarters and campground check in. Was told no golf carts on campgrounds per the host. However, HQ has written guidelines stating all vehicles must be licensed. Some rules enforced, others are not. Overall we would stay again.

Great!!

we just used this park for a night stop over on our return trip from SC. Beautiful park.Had water and electric. fairly level gravel sites. Dump site was a little different. Had to make a uturn to get in to dump. I’d like to go back and spend some more time there.

Little Beaver State Park

Little Beaver State Park is a lovely little park just off Interstate 64 between Beckley and White Sulfur Springs. It has 16 sites with water and 30 sites with both electric and water. Some of the sites are pull throughs which could accommodate big rigs. There is a dump station available. There is a very nice shower house as well. Check out the website for more information.