About Cooper Creek Resort
Private
Cooper Creek Resort is located in Missouri
6 Reviews of Cooper Creek Resort
Beautiful escape!!

The campground is beautiful and has one of those mountain settings you will not forget anytime soon!!  In the mornings you often will find someone enjoying their coffee as they watch the fog roll across the waters, a picturesque view that is well worth a visit.

The campground itself is available to both RVs and tent campers, although they are shared spaces and with that comes a few challenges.   When several RVs are side by side it seems a bit more congested.   As a tent camper I had ample space when I set up and felt comfortable.   The downside to shared spacing however is that tents must set up on gravel and this can be uncomfortable and post the problem of anchoring.

I myself laid down several blankets before getting comfortable and this ensured I would not be stabbed by a rock in the night.   Since the ground is gravel anchoring was difficult at best so I opted to weight my tent down from inside instead, this seemed to work well.

In addition to camping you can also rent cabins which come in a variety of sizes.  These seem to be pretty on course for pricing to other cabins in the area and compare in sizing as well.

This is a Good Sam Campground, and with that you have several improved and upgraded amenities, those come at a hefty price tag.   As a tent camper I often try to stay within a budget but with this space there are no primitive sites or sites designed for tents specifically that means you will pay the same as an RV which is in excess of $42 for a regular site or $51 for a lakeside site.    Discounts for Good Sam do apply to take down this cost a little, but still that price is a bit hefty!!

For me personally I had to see what kind of amenities I would be receiving for this so I could well take advantage.   A basketball court and pool were nice, a dog park and playground were good as well but less likely for me to utilize.   Laundry was something I was very happy to see in addition to their regular restrooms.    Additional parking for trailers and boats was again something I wouldn't personally use but I could see as a marker in justifying the price point.

The thing that really struck me as a huge and unique offering was the storm shelter.   The shelter is marked clearly on the map and explained when you check in and it is something I have never seen at any other park or campground I have stayed at.   That in itself made me feel instantly more secure as a tent camper.

The overall impressions of this park are good.   The people are nice, the facility as a whole is nice and the waterfront is picture perfect.    The dock is amazing to go sit on and enjoy but the price for tent camping is still a bit high in my book.   Staying here again I would hope to be in a cabin or RV to justify the price point.

We loved staying here! Lovely sites and fairly shady. Also great access to the Branson Strip where all of the attractions are. Hiking trails are also right down the road! It’s so lovely waking up and being able to go down to the water!

Escape the summer heat

Great place to stay when visiting Branson. Located on Lake Tanneycomo, in the cool water trout fishing portion of the lake. The water temp keeps this park cool during the hotter days of the summer.

The location is very convenient for slipping around the back roads to access the fun of Brandon without having to drive the busy main road.

Loved our time

Location is easy to find. Love being next to the water! Heard there is a dog park coming this summer. Great place to go if u want to vacation with someone that doesn't have a camper because of the cabins on property. we will be back.

Fantastic for trout

Loved this vampground. Right on Taneycomo lake. Full hookups with cable and wifi. 2 pools in campground which is awesome if one is crowded go to other. Can fish off of dock for trout. Nice laundry area. Very family friendly

Nice little campground

Right on Cooper Creek “lake/river.” Shaded campsites, options for full hookup and very friendly staff. Cool they communicate via txt msg. Great fishing and the opportunity to rent boats for an affordable rate. Only downfall is no access to Table Rock. If we visit Branson again this is where we will stay. 5 minutes from the strip.