Camping in Holtville

39 Reviews of 12 Holtville, Texas Campgrounds

Kayla L.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Family Oriented Camping

My kids are already asking when we are coming back. The owners and staff are super friendly. The water park kept my kids happy the entire weekend. Only drawback was not open past 5 pm but I understand why (they do private parties). Plenty activities for kids. They set up a movie night on the…

Lauren Z.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Safe

Gated. Level pads. Quiet. Dog park. Play ground. Wifi. Cable. Lake.

Pedro C.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Family Reunion!

We traveled from West Texas, stayed 4 nights, had rain almost every day. The park is well laid out, small clean well maintained yards. The paved road was beginning to break up from all the rain with pot holes and new ones beginning to pop up. The pads are gravel and almost level. A few guests have…

• pot hole road.
  • rough pot hole road.
  • was not able to use this place, very nice.
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Neat and Clean

What a beautiful park. Lake front, kayak rentals with a great cove to paddle around in. Walking trails galore. Nice bathrooms, with showers. Flower Mound is a lovely town with any restaurant you could imagine 7-10 miles away

• dogs had a blast
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Had site ? Saw handicap, No site

The first time in my life experienced a site being available, then the site was no longer available oddly after the front desk party so my handicap.

First time I ever experienced this it was very surreal.

Sitesite bizarrely went away
Month of VisitJanuary
m0miJJ
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Has potential!

This place is calm and pleasant during the day. At sundown, the party starts and goes till 2:00am. If you are looking for a quiet evening, this ain’t the place. If you are good with day time activities and loud music at night, join the party. My kids and I will go back simply because it is a clean…

Rebecca H.
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Well Kept Grounds with Lots to Do

We stayed one night in our RV in this spacious RV resort. My kids had fun fishing and playing on the playground and LOVED that we could rent a golf cart. The pad for the RV was level, with a nice amount of space between sites. Good value for the cost.

Cactus A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great place !!

Me and my wife loved this place. Great bike trails . Friendly staff and lovely sites, each pretty secluded from eachother. Also they have electric and water hookups. Dont know why it says no electric on this site . Would rate it a 5 star if it had full hookups but we had to use the dump station.…

Dani K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2021

Grassy, open, kinda noisy

Very pretty lake views and tons of grass. My dog loved going for runs through the grass (while on her leash).

They had some showers and toilets working again when I went. Hot water was very nice! Not the cleanest bathrooms but not the worst either.

Sites had electricity, water, and covered picnic…

J
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2021

Excellent Place to Camp

Beautiful, well maintained area.  Beach, campgrounds, boat ramp, trails, paddling, fishing (with TX license), watercraft rentals and playground. Camping $25-40.

SiteHog Wallow 321
Month of VisitApril
J
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Great spot right on the water

We stayed for a night in site 40 on our way south. The site was large and right by the water. The bathroom in that little loop had been destroyed by vandals, but there was a really nice one the next loop over. Will definitely stay here again if we’re in the area.

M
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2020

Excellent weekend getaway

RV and tent sites are spacious. Lots of lake access from sites. They also have cabins for rent. The staff is friendly.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2020

Pretty nice but very expensive

Nice hard sites all with 20/30/50a, cable TV, and full hookups. There are 4 washer and dryers and showers for all 124 spots. So it’s iffy getting one - no place to hang your clothing in the bathrooms and or wash area. The bugs are bad here, we had ants in our trailer and lots of bites. When it…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2020

Nice place and people.

Pros- Every thing great, clean restrooms. This is my second visit and I will return. Great little street taco stand in walking distance great breakfast tacos. Cons- check in staff was not wearing mask. Some of the gravel and black top roads need resurfacing.

Brian
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2020

Great for something close by

Nothing to knock you socks off, but it’s a great campsite close to home and nice for a quick getaway. Has the feel of being somewhat remote since it’s out by the lake.

We’ve camped in the site with the horse stables and put the tents with questionable rain flys in the horse stable.