The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Bagge Estates Colonia , TEXAS

Most Recent Bagge Estates Colonia Camping Reviews
Not as expected

We checked out the website prior to booking and were planning on staying for a full week, which luckily didn’t pan out. When we checked in we were told we could only stay a night, despite having made a week-long reservation. Understandable given the circumstances, but it would’ve been prudent to inform of that fact on the website. The receptionist was helpful and gave us a number to another rv park in the proximity, which was sweet of her. The park seems to have good amenities, and there is a little dog park at the end of the lot and a pool by the office, but it is right next to a truck storage facility and right by the I10, so it isn’t the most tranquil. The website is slightly misleading, and I don’t think I would stay here more than a night or two.

Dope

Pretty cool spot. You won't be alone but it has great views. 4-5 bars with AT&T.

awesome & fabulous

We really loved this place. Beautiful setting, hiking trails all over, there are people around but you feel like you have your own space, and of course free.  Very quiet.

Easy access from road for larger vehicles. There are pullouts as you are driving in for your own space. However, it gets crowded and spaces are taken quickly. Beautiful area, Organ Mountains to the east and city lights of Las Cruces to the west.

Good Verizon and AT&T reception.

This location is convenient enough to go back into town for things you need. We went to Holiday World RV (which I highly recommend) to get a repair done and returned to the area. We were lucky enough to get our same spot back. Feels like a campground, other campers friendly and respectful of normal noise restrictions you’d get at an actual campground. Good place to stay if you are planning on going to White Sands.   BLM ranger stopped by about once per day to check on things, which was nice.  Really beautiful sunset.

Other Useful Info:

Dry camping only

No water

FREE-no fee - BLM

Good hiking/mountain bike area  - lots of day hikers & bikers come in for the day so be mindful of not taking up parking spaces when looking for a place to camp.

Good for RVs, not great for tents

Crowded RV park, but had trees which was nice! Right off I-10 so traffic noise is always present. This would be a good place for RV camping, but not tent camping.

Nice place but small spots

Stayed here one night the park is very nice. Has lots of hiking trails and scenery. The rv parking is small only has 5 sites and no amenities. Be cautious if you have a big rig the spots are not very long and are pull in pull out. We stayed in spot 5 with our 36" and it worked for the one night but if park was full we would felt we where in the way.

Odd sounds from Doña Ana Range Complex / Fort Bliss

There are many places along this road (road B059 per Google maps) to pull over and stay the night. Road in is rocky and rutted in places; we made it in our 26ft Class C but a higher clearance vehicle would have made for a much less stressful drive in.  It was extremely windy when we stayed here, and boom / explosion sounds all night made for an uneasy night, especially for our dogs.  We are assuming the sounds came from testing and / or training at the nearby Doña Ana range, but they sounded like chemical plant explosions.  Boom sounds started the evening we stayed there and are still going on as I write this review the next day.   Good verizon and ATT reception.   Spring time in this area should be beautiful with wildflowers.  I don't think we'll come back to see them though.

Easy to find, very busy

Stayed: 10/9/2020- FREE

Vehicle: Hyundai Rogue

Equipment: Tent

Coming from Las Cruces, this is the first of 3 dispersed areas along Dripping Springs and Baylor Canyon roads. We stayed on a Friday night and were worried we wouldn’t find a spot. Every site was taken along the way until the trailhead. We decided to squeeze in and just sleep in the car, instead of risking our luck with the next two areas.

Easy to find, even in the dark. Nice views of the mountains and a trail right there, if you wanted to do some walking or biking.

This was fine for a quick, one-night stay. I’d prefer to have one of the actual sites and be able to pitch the tent if we were staying any longer. Too close to our neighbors for my liking, but in a pinch, it was a great spot!

AT&T and Sprint: 2 bars LTE

Close to town and easy, pretty enough

Spots are along a gravel road to a hiking a trail. Easy to find and close to town. Not much shade, no amenities. Good amount of space between campers… Pretty decent spot!

Hueco Tanks State Park & Historic Site

April 12, 2019 Loved this park. People wait in line in hopes they can get in for day visit. There are areas that require a guide and some where we can hike alone. We enjoyed exploring the park and climbing the mountains. Campers had to get a permit to climb the mountain by 10 a.m. or they would lose their chance to climb. Campsite had electric and water. There was a dump station, shower and flush toilets. Very clean. Before entering the campground it was mandatory to watch a film about the park. They are very protective of this sacred place.

Chihuahan desert mountains and trails

My son and I camped in the Tom Mays Unit of the Franklin Mountains State Park over Labor Day weekend 2013. We hiked up to Aztec Cave and then scrambled above it for a beautiful view of west El Paso and beyond. Lots of other trails. There were plenty of sites and I wondered why there weren’t more campers in a county with 830,000 people, not including Juarez. We were new to El Paso then and I don’t remember a lot of heat and sun. It seemed pleasant enough though I might be scared of the heat nowadays at that time of year. Good times.