Camping in Westgate

193 Reviews of 9 Westgate, Tennessee Campgrounds

Darrell H.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great place to camp

We have stayed at Cumberland Mountain many times and have had an excellent stay each time. Great people and very helpful. Several of the bath houses are older but very clean. Cabins are excellent!

Siteloop 4 site 114
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Nice KOA

Lots of green grass. The dog park is very well kept. There is a road close by but not a major freeway. It’s one of the quieter KOA’s I have stayed at. Pool is small but very clean. The store is well stocked and you can get hand dipped ice cream.

Melody S.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Spot

Beautiful spot close to the water. Secluded area that can be reached via GPS coordinates ONLY (we learned this after trying to check in at the Dale Hollow campground).

Things to know:

• there was no dumpster for trash

-hike in spot with vault toilet

• 45 minutes from Standing Stone State Park
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Cumberland Mountain

Two days in the park. Nice state park with good hiking. Water, electric and sewer fine. We had site 27 in area 1.......10 inches low in back so leveling was tough. Bathrooms dated but clean.

Had lunch at Italian Restaurant across the street from the park....good stuff!

Toured the Homestead…

B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

Grant B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Beautiful Scenery and Friendly Staff

We really enjoyed our text stay at Ragland Bottom campground. Even with it being a holiday weekend, the bathrooms were incredibly clean and the site did not feel crowded. We stayed at tent only site 22 and it had power and water. The gravel was on the coarser side and the pad was a bit rocky, but I…

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9
Beth H.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Beautiful place!

We had an amazing time at FCF! The scenery is amazing. If you like waterfalls, this is your place! So many different places in the park to visit and some are very easily accessible for people with limited mobility. Several hikes get you closer to the falls, but you can see several without a…

• Our site
E

Absolutely Stunning!

Fall Creek Falls State Park is absolutely stunning! We were in Campground B and our site was gorgeous - it was a slight incline, but nothing a couple blocks under the tires couldn't easily fix. Our site was surrounded by trees and felt very private. We enjoyed a hike from our campsite to the top…

• Trail to Suspension Bridge
  • Fall Creek Falls from the Bottom
  • Fall Creek Falls from the Top
SiteB95
Brennan M.

Backpacking Upper loop

Had a great time backpacking the upper loop trail. First time backpacking and this was an easy beginners trip. Not much in terms if falls for upper loop but the campsites have decent distance between and two out houses. Lots of ticks on us and the dogs with bug spray so be aware. Easy beach to fill…

E

Absolutely Beautiful

We had a full hook up site in Area 3. The sites were very roomy in our area. The sites were very well maintained and so were the restrooms. It was a rainy weekend, but we were able to get a hike in and enjoy the beauty of this park.

• Enjoying a break from the rain.
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Fall Creek Falls

One of the cleanest most beautiful campgrounds I’ve ever been to. Awesome hiking for all skill levels. The waterfalls and swimming holes are what most people come to see. The suspension bridge was AWESOME!

SiteP2
M
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Off the beaten path

I stayed here three nights in my RV. Also, this was my first ever camping trip in my RV or any RV.

As others have said, no cell for the most part. I have Verizon and I was able to send and receive messages for the most part.

The bathrooms and showers were clean, as well as the entire area.…

Linda L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Perfect Place for Beginner Backpacking

Backpacked the trail for about 16 miles for a one night and two day trip! The trail is well marked and very secluded once you get past the main tourist attraction. If you're new to backpacking, this is the perfect place to get used to hiking with weight on your back for 8+ hours a day!

Month of VisitDecember