The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Obey City , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Obey City Camping Reviews
Fun Winter Camping

We were missing the camp life, so we headed over to Fall Creek Falls for a night. We stayed in loop B and it was almost empty. We stayed in site 82, as it was close to the bathroom (but also had a sewer hookup) and roomy. Be advised, this site is next to a small, open field. When high winds occur, you'll want to have everything tied down tight! It was a pleasant trip regardless of the harsh winds. The waterfalls were beautiful as always!

Some of the best camping in the Southeast

Big South Fork is the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast. Literally anything you want to do, you can find it here- horseback riding, ATV riding, hiking, biking, rock climbing, kayaking, backpacking, camping, fishing, hunting, swimming… I could go on, but you get the point. I have spent a lot of time here, and it’s at the top of my list for places in the Southeast. The Big South Fork river is some of the best smallmouth fishing around. I love the backcountry camping in BSF, it’s so peaceful, and beautiful. There are several campsites that people have made stone firepits and log/rock seating, it has the feel of the AT without as many people. The Burnt Mill area is awesome, but the hike can be challenging, but it is so worth it. You can find a great backcountry site off of nearly every trail in there. I love to stop by a local staple for a good cheeseburger basket and a milkshake at Flonnies Drive In on the corner of hwy 63 and hwy 27, if you get the chance, treat yourself!

Roaming Deer

Fall creek falls is one of the best recreational areas in Tennessee. The park is very large and has so much to do. The falls are amazing, and it’s a moderate hike down to the base. Sometimes the falls are just a small trickle and sometimes they are flowing, depending on rainfall amounts. There are also smaller falls with pools that you can swim in, and those are next to the parking area. There’s a great amount of wildlife in the park, the deer were everywhere, and they are not afraid of humans. They will walk directly through your campsite. The park also has a lake, golf course, pool, playground, great biking, so much to do. The campground is large and has walk-in tent sites and RV sites with hookups. The sites are well spaced and wooded, so even if the campground is full, you don’t feel overcrowded. I always enjoy camping here and I highly recommend Fall Creek Falls.

Really great campground.

$27 per night. All sites are the same

Great camping with some space!

I really liked this campground, it is clean and there is plenty of space between campsites. You can get firewood and ice at the visitor center, some great scenery and hikes in the area. We will be back!

Amazing

Absolutely incredible park. Very busy but easy to spread out. We stayed at campsite e217 and it was a pull through and quite spacious. Bath house was clean. The 2 regular stalls had very low toilets with no separate seat. The park office and store was well equipped and was open to 10pm every night!

There was a fun little "village" on the grounds as well with a general store and outfitter. There was a restaurant but was closed due to coronavirus. I wish we found the store first because trekking poles would have been great on the trails.

THE TRAILS. Words cannot do them justice the hike down to the base of the falls was slow going down. There is a railing but this is where trekking poles would have been a benefit. But oh was it worth it.

I realized after leaving I took no photos of the campsite, but yes, great spot

Great TN State Park

Really nice sites and facilities and super helpful staff. Great hiking trails and the falls are beautiful. A great park for a relaxing get away.

Clean Family Friendly Campground

We had a great time at Fall Creek Falls when we visited in October 2020. The park is very well maintained and the campsites are nicely spaced. We were supposed to stay in campsite A26, but had a really hard time locating it when we arrived after dark. We ended up staying in A25, which was a little difficult to get our 30' travel trailer into due to trees surrounding the site and the access road. We ultimately learned from a park ranger that A26 had its own service road, which we would never have found without the direction from the ranger. The time of year was beautiful to visit and the hike down to the base of the falls was short enough to do prior to our check-out time and long enough to help get our kids' energy out before the next leg of our trip. It was a truly beautiful waterfall. We would definitely go back.

Nice amenities, pool, playground

Just ran into this spot and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was especially for the cost. Showers and facilities were great and clean. Tent camping and RVs were separated in different loops which is nice.

The campsite is nice and wooded, sites are spaced nicely. There was a bear box and a fire ring at my site. Plenty of hiking nearby.

The recreation area was a real nice surprise in terms of scenery. The rafting looked great at the right time of year.

I don’t think there was any first come first serve sights, but there were plenty of sites mid October.

There looks like great mountain biking, horseback riding, and some challenging hiking near by.

I’d check out Yahoo Falls which was really nice. I can imagine at high water Angel Falls would be grand, even though there was low water it was a nice and easy hike along the river.

Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!