Eagleton Village , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Eagleton Village Camping Reviews
Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Nice quiet campground but a bit cramped

This is for the eastern campgrounds. I had spot 4 and 20. Decent campground. Bathroom/shower needs work. No sewer. Decent att LTE coverage. Check pictures for wooden picnic tables. The concrete ones suck. Giant power lines through campground so need to head to dam for scenery.

Very quiet and beautiful

Quiet campsite run by NPS. Beautiful in the fall. Great fire pit and gravel elevated platform for tents and activities

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.

Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

Nice Private Owned Campground

We pulled into Greenbrier in Gatlinburg and originally had reservations for two nights but added an additional night. The campground was full, sites very close, but full hookups. Nice clean bath houses and laundry. They had a large central green area in the middle of the campground with volleyball, basketball, and climbing and slides for kids. It was very popular! We stayed Two nights in site 84 and had to move to #10 for the third night. Other than being close to your neighbors, it was a great park! I’d stay there again!

First time Staying at a KOA

We picked this stop because it was a halfway point from our trip in Georgia to home in Ohio and it was easy off and on 75. It’s a small campground with only 37 rv sites, a primitive camping section and several small cabins. They offer a pool, dog park, laundry and game room.

It’s very clean and the staff was nice. We got here after hours and they had everything we needed at the check in with our names, site number and directions to our site. They also offer WiFi and cable tv.

There is not much to do in the park itself but it’s quite and close to town.

Wonderful Free Site

If you come from the west beware of 129 aka the dragons tail. It is a very windy road. To get to the sites you turn on Joyce Kilmer road from 129. You will pass a few houses and several spots that looke like they almost could be camping spots but wait until you get to the official marked spots. The spots were amazing, beautiful views, lake access, nice fire pits, good tent pads. One of the best free sites I have stayed at. We stayed for two nights in August and had a fantastic time. Many of the sites were full but never all. The waterfall is on Joyce Kilmer road before you get to the campsites.

Lots of Wildlife

The campground is right off loop road. Spots are a little close, and not very private, but you cant beat the location in the park. We saw 3 bears, a red wolf, and numerous dear and elk during our stay.