The best YURTS camping near
Cookeville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Cookeville Camping Reviews
Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!

Beautiful location

This campsite is large with multiple sites for tents, campers and RVs. Nice bath house and playground area. The hikes and waterfalls are gorgeous. Well maintained.

Great Campground

Amazing campground, with one of the best hikes around.

Good stay

Overall good place to visit. Some sites are squeezed too close together but there are great sites scattered all throughout the park. It’s a large park with 4 camp loops, hiking is good with the main waterfall worth the walk into the canyon. The park seems well maintained and clean, bath houses were clean and had spacious showers. Only reason I didn’t give a 5 star review is with luck of the draw your site may be a little crowded.

Was a good place to stay. Convinient to some really Preatty watter falls

I moved to Falls Creek Falls to get away from Rain and storms to the Southeast.  I have a small Motorcycle camper and had a friend along with his.  the electric sites were a bit expensive for not needing hook ups.  30 Bucks a night but we put both campers on one site.  There are lots of facilities and the bathhouses are very clean and maintained.  There are stores onsite for knickknacks and soft supplies.  A restaurant/grill that has some pretty good food.  Firewood is available for 10 bucks a bundle.  It was Poplar wood and very green but you just have to know a bit about firewood and dig through the pile to find dry.    All the roads are paved and the sites are somewhat level.  The falls are worth seeing.  Even though I like more primitive surroundings, I will probably stay there again.

Avoid area C at all costs

We don’t need much space, we have a tiny tent and don’t have any other gear, and it was still tight. We drove 2 hours from Knoxville for this. Total waste of gas. The camp slots on area -C are so close to one another that most people couldn’t use their fire pits for fear of burning their own tent, or their neighbor’s. Every time a camper came in, people panicked fearing their cars were going to get hit because the road and is so unbelievably narrow and inches close to tents and parking spaces. The space issue also means this is an extremely loud place. If you’re looking for a small spot to pitch your tent and spend some time in silence, keep going. This is not the place. Edit: at around 11:30 pm, a camper arrived and tried really hard to get into a spot next to ours, even though they clearly didn’t fit. In the process, they almost ran us over in our tent. We ended up packing our stuff and driving two hours back home. We will not be coming back.

Bring your A Game

We stopped over for a night on the way to Gatlinburg. Very nice park located about 30 miles from any larger town. There were 6 couples traveling together and we stayed in site A18. The sites are small, unlevel and really hard to get in to. Every one of us had a pretty rough time getting into the site and one of our group had to change sites twice. Water, sewer and electricity on our site but our back door was 4.5 feet off the ground and required 3 blocks on the side! Good thing it was just a stop over!

Great State Park close to our house

There are several nice playgrounds, ranger led activities, a nature center that my kids loved, a butterfly garden, several short hikes that are good for kids. There are several sinkholes and cedar glades. There are also some caves you can explore if you want to get muddy. We often go here for day visits, but the overnight amenities are also nice. They no longer have horse stables.

We love this State Park!

Fall Creek Falls is a beautiful park. The campsite was nice and spacious, and the kids loved having swings right by our site. There a several nice hikes, waterfalls and swimming holes. There wasn’t much water in the falls when we were there last, but it was still beautiful. There is also a riding stable close by. The kids loved it! I got to ride Leonard the horse who looked a bit like the Wonky Donkey. 😂

Great State Park

Cumberland Mountain State Park has everything you need for a great time outdoors. Located near Crossville, the park is close to restaurants, shopping, a winery, and some antique shops too, if you want to venture out. Crossville is on the Cumberland Plateau, and even in the middle of summer, it is very pleasant at night, and even with the park being fully booked, it was so quiet and peaceful! The park has a lake with kayak, canoe, and paddle board rentals, and fishing is allowed. I saw several playgrounds in different areas of the park, and it’s really good for bike riding. The office has any essentials you might need. I had a site in area 3, which has water and electric, it was pretty much level and very spacious. I did make a note that area 1 has full hookups, so I plan to try to get a spot in there next time, even though the spots looked a little smaller. This is a really nice state park.