The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Christiana , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Christiana Camping Reviews
Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Beautiful park, close campsites

Beautiful park with tons to do. Campsites in area 1 were a little close together. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal grill. Bathrooms and showers available close by. Reserve early because it seems the campground is always full. Like most parks/forests, you cannot bring your own fire wood.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Great State Park close to our house

There are several nice playgrounds, ranger led activities, a nature center that my kids loved, a butterfly garden, several short hikes that are good for kids. There are several sinkholes and cedar glades. There are also some caves you can explore if you want to get muddy. We often go here for day visits, but the overnight amenities are also nice. They no longer have horse stables.

Secluded Site, Easy Hike

Despite this campsite being surrounded by the Green River on 3 sides, water is hard to come by here, and hiking it in may be your best bet. The river is at least 1/2 mile away, through extremely dense brush, and the banks are not easy to access, if accessible at all. We were lucky that a creek just north of the intersection of Buffalo Creek, Sal Hollow, and Turnhole trail had some water to filter from.

This is a nice, secluded spot. You are on the end of a ridge. Clear nights with a bright moon were magical here. It is probably a beautiful spot when there is no foliage, as well. We camped in August.

There is a tent pad, hooks for lanterns or packs, horse hitches, and a fire ring with a grate attached. Hike in is a little over 3 miles, a pleasant hike, but not a whole lot to see in the summer besides a lot of chantrelles.

The Green River Ferry seems to be non-operational a lot. Call the hotline the day of your drive in to see which route you should take: 270-758-2166

We decided to do a day hike on the Sal Hollow Trail. It ended up being pretty exhausting: we believe it is a lot longer than the markers suggest, and a lot of the trail seems pretty unused/not kept up.

Excellent S.P. Campground within an easy drive to Nashville

We stayed at this campground recently and because the wifi coverage and speed was so good was actually able to "work from home" here.  We were on site 18 and it was very level, paved and double wide. Parking was easy and it accommodated the 38' RV and a SUV. The sites all seem to be well shaded and spaced sufficiently apart. Travel to and from the park is on good roads.  Chapel Hill, just to the north, offers all you might need with a hardware store, Dollar General, walk in clinic and restaurants. The park also offers a golf course which I didn't play due to the heat, but is on my list now that I've seen it.

The trails we hiked were well maintained and there is a quiet paved road suitable for bicycling.

Because of the close proximity to home, this will become on of our go-to spots for a weekend camp

Love this place

I stayed in spot 8 during the Coronavirus lockdown. The staff is very friendly. It’s near I-24 which makes getting places easy. It will be noisy if you are sound sensitive. It is well maintained. The laundry room is great. You can get anything you need from the store. Perfect pull through sites for a big rig overnight stop. Great sites with picnic table, fire pits for longer stays. Nice pool, sparkling clean restrooms. The dogs loved the dog park. The amenities for kids are great. Highly recommend.

The serenity here is ... no words available

Peaceful, serene, cool rangers help all hours, has a great vibe here. I loved it.