The best YURTS camping near
Blockhouse , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Blockhouse Camping Reviews
Nice Campground with nice people

I rated this a 4 because the camping sites are quite close together which feels like you are almost up on top of your neighbor.  The setting is quite beautiful and most have a river view (I love waking up to the sound of flowing water).  The swimming hole really wasn't much of a swimming hole, which was disappointing because that was the whole reason that my sister, visiting from California, wanted to stay there.  It was quite pricey, so I am not sure that we would stay there again when it might be more affordable to stay elsewhere.  We stayed Easter weekend and it was sweet that they did an Easter egg hunt for the smaller kids.

Friendly, pretty setting

Small campground situated on the Tuckasegee River bank. Great location for area activities. Owners Karen & Jerry friendly and helpful! We will be back.

Great spot!

Great spot! Just Beautiful. Went in off season. But definitely want to come back!

Our first KOA

As the title describes, this was our first KOA experience. We usually stay at State Parks. Well it had rained the day we arrived and evidently the past few days because the camp was very muddy. The first site they tried to put us at was all grass and mud. No pavement or gravel. We had our 27’ 5th wheel camper. I kindly asked for a better site and they worked with us on a “better site”. 277 was our new site and it was also very muddy BUT did some enough concrete to set up the camper decent enough. The weather finally improved Monday and things started to dry up. The kid activities and the pool were nice and we enjoyed those. The mobile shower trailer was a no go for us because they were very dirty. We probably won’t come back here.

Lovely waterfront location - very friendly owners

I stayed here a few years ago for an overnight (without my trailer, I slept in the truck cab), and the owners were very friendly despite that fact that I arrived after dark and really early in the season.  The bathrooms are very nice, and the river views are very nice, too.  All sites are full hook-up, I think, and pet friendly.  Not a big park, but I'll happily stay again when in the Smoky Mountains.

Quiet River Side

We enjoyed a River side site during the off season and during the week. Was very quiet and enjoyed the River. Dogs barking across the River, but how can you control that? Would love to see this place in full summertime mode, but it will have to wait!!

Awesome Large Campsites

Tons of spacious campsites and lots of car campers. Turn right instead of left at the fork in the road. You’re supposed to check in with the office, and they will give you the code to the bathroom, but if it’s late then you can probably snag an empty site without any issues. Each site has a table and, generally, T-Mobile has good cellphone reception. Overall, solid site!

Beautiful River Retreat

Riverside spots were a special treat. Great view, friendly neighbors, clean facilities. Pretty quiet in early March. WiFi was not fast enough to work but nearby coffee shop was cute, comfortable and accommodating! Although it’s right off the main drag, felt pretty secluded back by the river. Would’ve stayed longer if we didn’t have to switch sites.

Large campground on the French Broad River and convenient to I-40

Convenient to highway 66 that runs from Interstate 40 to Sevierville. Not particularly charming, but seems to be clean and well run. Worked well for a one night stay.