About Honeysuckle Meadows

Honeysuckle is a peaceful RV resort and campground just a stones throw away from Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The campground has a private pond, a swimming pool and even a deli and grill that serves delicious burgers. The rates from July - October are $40/night with a 30 or 50 amp service of $35/night.

Price
$40.00
Contact
Honeysuckle Meadows is located in Tennessee
2 Reviews of Honeysuckle Meadows
Love the views!

The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars, is because there are no bath houses. Love the spacious sights, FHU, 50 amps, and the view is outstanding. I love the location, close to everything, but far enough from all the hustle and bustle.

An affordable RV park/campground near the Smokies

The Pros:

• Location: This campground is located in a perfect spot, in my opinion. 10 minutes from the Metcalf Bottom entrance to Smoky Mtn NP. 15 minutes to the Townsend entrance. 30 minutes to Cades Cove. 15 minutes to Pigeon Forge. And 30 minutes to Gatlinburg. Close, but away from the madness. For a few shops and restaurants you have Wears Valley right next door (I recommend Mountain Chick for a light breakfast - awesome biscuits and coffee).
  • Amenities: full hook-ups and a VERY nice pool/deli (see picture). The pool has karaoke on Friday nights. There is also a stocked fishing pond with dock though we didn't use it.
  • The view: Okay, not all campsites have great views. But the lower sites do, and that's where we were. Awesome backdrop of the mountains while you sit by your campfire.
  • The price: All the other campgrounds this close to the park charge $50+. Honeysuckle charges $35 a night.
  • The sites: Sites are typically long, wide, gravel, mostly level, and with plenty of space in between. Our site even had a brand new deck with solar LED lights! Every site has a metal fire pit and a plastic-topped picnic table.

The Cons:

•  This is a mix of long-term RV park and campground. The lower sites are mostly campers while the upper sites are a mix of campers and long-term lots. This isn't necessarily bad. Most of the long-term units are nice looking, but it does impact the camping feel a bit. And along the lead-in from the road to the sites there are a lot of campers in storage. Some of these don't look so nice.

• Dumpster: This is bear country so you can't leave your trash outside in cans. The only dumpster is all the way down the road to the office, and it is frequently full.

• Reservations: The process of making reservations was easy enough. I was assigned a site in the confirmation email I received. But when we arrived I was given a different site. When I asked about it, they didn't have record of the first site I was given. When I drove by that site, there was an RV in it that looked like it was being stored there. We went to site 50, the one they gave us, and it was okay. The one just down the hill, Site 49, was a little shorter but it had a deck. We called the office and asked to switch. They agreed. It worked out, but it was a little frustrating.

• Amenities: Because it is more RV park than a campground, there wasn't a bathroom or laundry facility.

Overall, we were quite happy with the experience. We would stay here again and recommend it to others.