Yurts
National Park Service
Abrams Creek - Great Smoky Mountains National Park is located in Tennessee
9 Reviews of Abrams Creek - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Great Little Campground

First started camping here —locals call it Happy Valley—in the 70’s. Very peaceful and quiet. Love spots 2-8 (river spots) but all of the spots are great. Bathhouse has toilet facilities and dishwashing area (no showers). Also fresh water spigot and drinking fountain in middle of campground. Used to be first come/ first serve but now you must reserve in advance. Last time I was there (August) there were several spots open, but not unusual for it to fill up. Limited parking in the camping area, but if you want to host visitors, you can meet them at ranger station on the way in (1/4 mile?) where there is plenty of parking. Lots of great hiking trails surrounding the campground.

Vacation

Memories

love it!

I will say that when I was looking into this camp I was really impressed with its great peace that came over me when I was there. Unlike many of the sites it does not seem to be as crowded and it seemed a bit more relaxed. For this reason I found it to be a great place for a day use area or perhaps you can camp as well.

I personally was in the area for the day, but I did manage to check out the camping options which offered both flush toilets and drinking water. There were no connections at the camp but no one seemed to mind. There were more than enough hammocks relaxing in the area.

My favorite thing about this are was the access it had to numerous trails which were just moments away from where you would lay your head for the evening making it a great place, that until this trip I didn't know was here!!

Lovely & quiet spot right on Abrams Creek

This campground it beautiful and it features a handful of drive in spots as well as a wonderful trail where you can hike in for back country camping. This year my partner and I stayed there during the peak of firefly season, and once the sun went down we we walked down the short gravel road that leads to the parking lot for day-hikers. There is a meadow here where we watched fireflies for hours and it was MAGICAL!

Quiet

Very quiet area to camp by the water.

Great camping & hiking

Amazing place to camp and hike, especially in the spring or fall. The falls are beautiful, and it’s one of my personal favorite hikes!

Nice

Nice campground but you have to get there early to get a site.

Perfect Year-Round Retreat

This area is pretty popular year-round. If you want the trails to yourself I would suggest waking up early to beat the crowds. There is water nearby if you're looking to take a quick swim. The trails and even just driving around this park is worth it. This campsite is close to the Cades Cove portion of the park, I think if I were to camp again I will go to the more mountainous portion.

Perfect Summer Retreat