Selby, SOUTH DAKOTA

Most Recent Selby Camping Reviews
Good stop over

Quaint little park with clean rr's. They have a great field out back to walk the dog and staff was nice

Relaxing farm stay

Driving down muddy, rural roads brought up thoughts of this year’s extra snow and rain totals. It’s nice to immerse yourself in the results to open viewpoints.

Michael met me and walked me over to the camp area- after letting his 3 dogs greet me. He has a large gravel lot with an electric hookup. He spent time leveling it off so set up was a breeze. Nobody was staying in the guest house so we were able to use a bathroom that reminds me of a fancy hotel.

Looking around you find yourself surrounded by farm life. An old barn houses a group of cats. Hay is in this one for their horses to add to their diet. The land goes forever and life slows down.

Michael walked over with his dogs and invited me to walk the property line. This ended up being a couple hours of education and conversation. Michael has worked with government programs to make portions of this retired farm natural grasslands. He planted rows of cedars, plums, chokecherry and pear to attract pheasants- deer appreciate it too. He showed me his endless battle with wormwood crowding out the native species. Water formed a lake where there never is one and almost flooded out their neighbor. Lazy Sy is elevated but they are still fighting the water off this year. My dog found companionship with the farm dogs and we felt welcome and right at home.

Besides walking around the farm, we stopped in town right on the Missouri River. There are a number of restaurants and stores as well as a few State Recreation Areas to explore.

Our stay was very comfortable and easy. Welcomed into another lifestyle, conversation bridged the gap quickly. You will love this simple slowdown of life.

Nice little stop over

We stopped for 1 note on the way west to Mt. Rushmore. It is a nice little park with a friendly staff that likes to show folks the garden. Ultra clean RR's and showers with nice tile and woodwork. Definitely a stop over as Presho is a 1 horse town!

Busy little campground

Nice little campground mainly geared towards fishing. Heavy early morning traffic due to this being the only access to the lake for miles. Clean and well taken care of. Free showers that are well cared for with very hot water. Will be back!

Great bar and people

Small town community shows through with their hospitality. Lots of fishing spots! There is a bar/restaurant as well! They tend to have live music pretty often in the summer.