The best YURTS camping near
Westminster , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Westminster Camping Reviews
Comfortable RV Camping

Very new, clean campground. Everything is well maintained. We camped after Zeta rolled through, so there were some trees down on some of the hiking trails but I could hear chainsaws running, clearing the paths. The camp sites were a little on the smaller side but still comfortable. It was far from being full, so even though the sites were a little close we weren’t near other campers. The RV spots are paved and easy to get level while the table and fire pit are in gravel. I didn’t get a chance to check out the tent campsites, so I can’t speak to that. The hiking trails were fun and peaceful. We also brought bikes and rode around the park which was fun. All in all, not the best campground I’ve ever been to, but it’s easy to get to and was fun for the family. I’d definitely come back.

Wonderful in the fall

We are here for Halloween and its fantastic! People have decorated and all the kids are running and having fun. So happy to stay here even though its a bit of a maze to get in and find spots. The camp host are also very nice and helpful.

Relaxing stay near Lake Lanier

So far we've enjoyed our stay at Don Carter. Bathroom facility is sparkling clean. Campsite is very nice, we docked the boat and were able to walk to the dock. Afternoon ride on the water was very relaxing.

Very pretty!

This place was really cool. There is a ton of ways to visit and stay here. They have cabins, RV spots and tent camping spots. There are a lot of hiking trails and its close to a damn so there's a little lake. They have a activity center and amphitheaters too. My only complaint was how close the RV spots are to each other. I personally want to have my hook ups but be away from every one else 😂 I will definitely visit again though

Not sure who designed the campground...but you can bet they never camped a day in their life.

RV sites are right on top of each other and you’ll need a chain saw and some rope to get down to the water and back up again. New facilities but very poorly laid out. Make sure your blinds work well in your camper…your neighbors will let you know if they don’t.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Great week at Unicoi

Solid place. Had the family out for a week. They took great care of us at check in. Nice to be close to Helen if you need anything and the nearby hikes to falls and great views are great. Not 5 stars because a lot of sites are a little light on personal space but if you know that going in you'll be happy with your trip. Tons to do.

Do not recommend!

We had a terrible experience here. We rented one of the camping RV's and paid by check in advance. The campground was recommended on a travel group I belong to on facebook. We drove 4 hours and when we showed up and checked in, we were greeted kindly but it went downhill when we went to the RV. The RV was very old(maybe 20 years?) and smelled like mold/mildew. We opened the windows in an effort to air it out. My son and husband thought that it smelled like sewage, and the lights on the black tank indicated full. We went back to the office to inquire about the smell and the black tank. The lady working the desk said her husband would check the black tank after he finished supper and that it should smell like peppermint. I can assure you that it did not. My kids were already asking if they could sleep in the car at this point. The husband checked the tank and said it was empty but the indicator was broken. We were at a loss as to what to do, as we were sure if we stayed, we would have gotten sick. Two of us have asthma and 2 of us have allergies and I was afraid that if we stayed in it, we would be sick with bronchitis as that is usually what happens when I am exposed to mold. Also, given covid- I don't think most people would want this risk. The husband said that RV"has always smelled like that since we bought it." We remembered that their camping cabins looked newer online and thought that may be a better option so we asked if we could switch to one of them(they are less expensive and we were fine with that). Unfortunately, since it was Labor Day weekend, they were all booked as well as every campsite. They refused to give us a refund or offer any other options. We had no idea where we would go as it was 6:00 at night and everywhere seemed to be booked for Labor Day weekend. We called a few campgrounds with no luck and ended up eating dinner in town and driving to Asheville to stay at a hotel and returning home the next day. This was so disappointing as we had spent most of the day before we left prepping food, packing, etc. I would never return or recommend this place due to how they handled our situation, with no concern at all and keeping our money with no solution offered. I can only guess that if you bring your own tent or RV, the rest of the campground is acceptable since the reviews overall are good. But definitely DO NOT rent the RV's- unless you can tolerate high levels of mold and want to pay$100 a night for a worn out, smelly RV.

Georgia State Parks Rock!

Having only two nights here left a great impression. One of F D Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps masterworks so important to this parks existence that they have a museum on site describing in great detail the transformation of this particular valley. As with all of the Ga. state parks I’ve had the pleasure to visit the campground is immaculate. Lots for the kiddos here with a man made lake and paddle boats and canoes for rent, a miniature golf course, and a creek that runs through the campground that seemed the biggest attraction for a great many of the kids. Hiking trails are exceptional for the adults. We chose a very strenuous trail that delivered on the promise of a beautiful vista looking down on the park and campground. We were there in the last week of July 2019 before Covid so much I describe might be in shutdown mode right now.