The best YURTS camping near
Scotland , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Scotland Camping Reviews
My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

More of an RV camping spot

My friends and I booked a spot at this campground after visiting Harrisburg, PA. When we arrived, our expectations were let down by the quality of the campsite simply because of its proximity to its neighbors, the site setup and the limited space for our tents. I give it 4 stars because I am sure all of the problems we experienced would not been a huge deal if we were in an RV. Seemed like a great spot for kids/families especially because it had access to a swimming spot.

Amazing views, fantastic campground

Absolutely blown away by this campsite. A bit wary going in because I saw some negative reviews about the waterfront sites but site 79 was AMAZING. Perfect views of the lake and very spaced out. Never felt like we were on top of our neighbors and even though people did cut through the back of the site (at the waters edge) the site was so spacious it didn't really bother us. Honey wagon services were incredibly helpful throughout the week and we had a wonderful experience renting a pontoon boat from the marina. For the price, this campsite/resort is a must and we can't wait to return.

Solid State Park Campground

This place is best if you're into fishing but it has the basics covered. Good bathrooms, a beach, and some hiking around the lake. It's also pretty convenient to Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and Hershey if you want things to do. It also has some nice birding.

Beautiful Lake

The campground has places to launch boats and kayaks. Nice bathrooms and hot showers. Small store for last minute items but nothing major in the way of groceries. Be aware that the sites that are not in the woods are very sloped and leveling could be an issue. Park was about 9 miles from the Heritage Rail Trail for biking. Fellow campers were very respectful and quiet. Enjoyed our visit.

A nice family site

Definitely not as spread out as we had originally thought BUT it’s a really nice site if you’re looking to get your kids into camping there’s plenty for them to do and see. Now if you’re looking for more of a private place to camp this probably isn’t the place for you as the sites are pretty much on top of each other! That being said definitely worth the money especially if you’re really only there for a night

One of my favorites

We spend a few weekends a year here. Nice campground, great Halloween weekend. We stay in A loop

Everything on water front are great sites towards uphill lite uneven

Ok ish first time Camper find the spot with front desk before you make reservations online

Great place and location

The park is located on a beautiful lake. We picked loop A to stay in the woods. Campgrounds are nicely spaced and clean. Cleanest bathrooms I’ve seen at a park. There is a nice little shop at the gate with very friendly staff.

Treehouses on the Cheap

My husband and I stayed here for just a night to getaway from normal life. We stayed in the Bonsai treehouse, which got us up off the ground and provided great shelter overnight. We had great weather, in the end.

The pros:

Clean, easy to walk to bathrooms and showers

Clean treehouse

Quiet campground

A short walk to the Appalachian Trail for some hiking

A short drive to Big Cork winery for some sipping

Pets allowed

The cons:

Poison ivy EVERYWHERE at this particular site. Came home covered in it

Steep road grade for our regular sedan to handle