The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Milford Park , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Milford Park Camping Reviews
Rare primitive camping in the mid-Atlantic

Two of our group paddled in and 4 of us hiked in. No one else in sight the two days we were there! Fishing, boating, or just plain sittin' are all on the menu.

Peaceful with a beautiful view

We are avid campers ranging from our early days of remote, rustic tent camping with just the two of us and 20 years later upgraded to our travel trailer that houses our two kids and two dogs. We love going on different adventures and experiencing new ideas so when we came across Tentrr we really wanted to see what it was all about. This location was about an hour and a half away from our home so it was far enough to feel like we were getting away but close enough that we could be home quickly in case of an emergency since we decided to make this an adult trip. It was a beautiful drive to the campsite and we drove by a few times because I didn’t see the small Tentrr sign on the mailbox post. We eventually figured it out and we found the host aside of the dirt lane chopping wood. He greeted us and took up back to the campsite. It was at the far end of his property right up against the property line which was a small wire fence. We were a little disappointed at how close the neighboring structures were however that was behind the tents and didn’t impede the magnificent view looking out to the front of the campsite. He showed us around and made sure we were comfortable with everything. We had pre-ordered firewood and he already had it stacked by the firepit ready to be burned. We got settled in and unpacked our supplies and set up our camp. Already provided was a large canvas tent that housed a queen bed with two night stands along with some books, an air mattress pump, lantern and some bee spray. Behind that was another tent pad with a 4-6 person tent already set up with a queen size air mattress already blown up. It would have been perfect for another couple or kids. I was extremely excited to camp in a tent with a stove in it and once we had unpacked and the host left I noticed the stove was not in the tent. I was so disappointed. We packed assuming that there would be a stove to help keep us warm at night. It went down to 40 degrees that night so we had to make due with extra layers and bundle up but we made it through the night. However, the stove in the tent was the thing I was looking forward to the most and I feel like I didn’t get the whole experience. There were also two Adirondack chairs on a nice sized front deck of the tent along with tiki torches which definitely helped at night for late night trips to the bathroom. Along side of the tent was the privy and loo. Also provided was a small picnic table with cabinets which stored some additional supplies like baggies for the loo, paper towels, matches and newspaper for the fire. There was also a 5 gallon water container and we were advised of where we could fill up if need be which was just at the bottom of the field near the entrance to the campsite. However we also brought 5 gallons of water so we were good. There was also a small charcoal grill provided however we brought along our campstove because it is like an extension of me that I can’t camp without. Alongside the table were two hammocks. The way they were set up was a little awkward because they bumped into each other since there were only three posts they were hanging on. I tend to get really motion sick so I could only sit on it for a few minutes and had to get off. If you want to have a campfire at this site be prepared to walk for the firepit is a good distance away. Although you did get a nice view of the steer and sheep in the next field while watching the fire I think it would have been much better to put the pit out in front of the tent and hammocks instead of off to the side. When I make my site I like my fire to be in the center of my campsite whenever possible. The way this was set up made it feel like we were just sitting out in the middle of a field. Although, I really did enjoy being able to cook over the fire as there was a swinging fire grate on site. We roasted some jalapenos over the fire and then made jalapeno popper dip. It was awesome! We cooked dinner over the fire as well which was just as delicious. The best part of this trip was definitely the views. You look out over the field and see the mountains in the background with the river running between them and it just takes your breath away. We also happened to be camping when there was a full moon. The stars and moon were absolutely amazing. We got some great night shots and the moon is so bright it actually looks like the sun in the photos. As I mentioned earlier we did a lot of rustic camping and we did that in a state forest where we were the only people around sometimes for miles. We have also done the family campgrounds and state park camping as well. This site was probably a good compromise in between as far as how remote the site was and the noise factor. I think this would be great for a family who are just starting to get interested in camping and would like to experience it first without making a large investment into buying your own equipment. I would do this again for a special occasion however I don’t think I would spend that amount of money each time when I already have all of my own equipment and can go more remote camping for much cheaper. It was definitely fun and we had a very relaxing time just hanging out with our dogs and each other. The whole process was smooth from the booking online to checking out. Our host, Tigran, was very nice and communicated very well before and during our camping experience. This was a great way to social distance so if you need to get away this is a great place to start. Adventure is out there!

Absolutely Beautiful!!

I did my first solo tent camping by the reservoir and it was perfect. There was so much to see and hiking trails in the campground and nearby. Bathrooms were clean and other campers were quiet making for a peaceful trip. Check in was pleasant but unfortunately, some things were closed due to covid restrictions. I will be back as often as I can and hopefully be able to rent a kayak.

Relaxing, Friendly, and Spacious!

We had a great family camping weekend at Starlight and will definitely return in the future. Yes, it is quite hilly throughout the campground, but the individual sites are very level to park the camper with almost no blocks needed.

We had two sites this trip with water and electric, but they do have quite a few full hook-up sites. Overall the sites were large, with trees between, providing additional privacy. Except for the Plateau sites, which have the amazing view, the rest of the campground had a great tree cover! Too often private campgrounds attempt to squeeze as many sites as possible and end up with campers on top of their neighbors, but at Starlight, the sites felt very secluded. Water pressure and electric were both great throughout the stay. There is no internet, but we had good cell phone service.

The employees in the camp store are amazing and go out of their way to make you feel welcome! I felt everyone went above and beyond to help me from the reservation process through check-in. The camp store is well stocked and also serves hand-dipped ice cream.

Starlight is a nice campground to relax or explore central Pennsylvania.

Great little campground

Fantastic weekend with family. Large campsites at the Lake Loop. Map is a little deceiving- the sites are farther from the lake than I expected and there are no running water bathrooms. Very clean and wooded sites. Walking/hiking trails and the lake were super peaceful.

Nice quiet walking trails. In Chester County, near Coatesville, Honeybrook.

Quiet. Occasional planned activities. Rented pavilions for renunions, birthdays, seasonal gatherings, etc.

Clean beautiful camp grounds with amazing sun sets

This is one of the best campsite I’ve been this year, clean bathrooms with very hot water and flushable toilet. The grounds are full of grass which makes my tent easy to pitch. Most campsite has a view of the Reservoir when sundown has amazing sunsets. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Wow

One of the best places in NJ to camp. If your into kayaking, boating, fishing, camping, hiking and much more then this is the place for you. You can either hike in to a site up to 7 miles or as we did, we loaded everything onto our kayaks and took the trip straight across. The view from the beach side sites are amazing, there is plenty of space in each site and plenty of space in between sites. I highly recommend this one to anyone who is trying to get away.

Great, clean family run resort

This is a great family run campground. The store is nice, bathhouses are clean and private. Owners are super nice. There is also a great view of the surrounding countryside because it’s up on a big hill. If you’re hauling a big camper you’ll need power for the hills.

One of the best!

Been coming for years, clean and spacious sites. Family operated. Located between Hershey and all of the PA Dutch Lancaster County attractions.

Year 2021 Flag