About Lincoln City KOA
Lincoln City KOA is located in Oregon
10 Reviews of Lincoln City KOA
Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Pod Rocker at KOA Lincoln City

Campground Review:

This KOA was such a change from the developed and“overly urban” feel of most KOA establishments. It has a few of the KOA norms: cabins, playground, in-campground store, nice showers, and laundry facilities. However other than that it is a very beautiful and lushly forested site, with some of the tent sites backing up to a creek. The RV sites have great level and graveled parking areas, a large grassy area behind each campsite, and picnic table and fire pit. The store had a good supply of basic needs and also a good selection of beer!(which is a necessity on any camping trip:) The maintenance on the sites and grounds was tip top, and during our stay I personally witnessed lawn mowing, bathroom cleaning, and other general maintenance tasks being taken care of on a regular basis. My son enjoyed playing on the equipment and we also enjoyed sitting around the campfire in the evening. This was a really nice KOA off the main drag, but close enough to Lincoln City so as to experience the many tourist attractions and beaches. We even went and drove on the beach!

Product Review:

On occasion I receive gear to test out and review from The Dyrt, and on this camping trip I reviewed the GCI Outdoor Pod Rocker, and WOW! It blew my expectations away! I have used many different types of folding chair in my life, and so far none can compare to the GCI Pod Rocker!

This chair is so compact that it folds up into its own shoulder bag just like any other folding chair, but it has the added perk of being constructed of powdered coated steel making it very durable. It has two springs attached to the rear main structure which allows someone to rock back and forth. It is a sling-style chair, but the great thing about the way it is designed is that it has subtle arm rests sewn into the fabric that actually work very well. The rocking is described on the website as being able to“Rock on any surface”, and they aren't kidding! I used this chair on sand, grass, slopes, and even in a river-rock-covered river bed, 3 inches submerged in the water! This thing is very well made, and takes my 200 Lbs easily and keeps on rocking! It includes nice breathable mesh at certain points and dries really fast if wet also. The only downside is that a smaller person may have a hard time getting the chair to rock with only their weight alone. It seems designed for larger people which is great for me, but may be a deterrent for smaller folk. This chair so far has withstood heavy use over a 3 week road trip, and I don’t doubt that it will continue to perform.

On a small tangent, when sitting in the river, I had my phone dangling in the accessory pocket playing music. When I was swimming, the wind suddenly gusted and flung the chair forward, splashing down hard in the water! I don’t know if the holder was designed to do this, but as the chair fell, it used the water to flip up and keep my phone high and dry, saving my phone from a watery grave! I doubt they advertise this as a perk, but I was more than thrilled. Buy this chair if you want comfort, durability, and style.

Dumb park owners will touch your stuff.

They didnt like our hammocks on their trees so they took our stuff down and left it in the dirt. Never going back.

our first

this was our first koa we stayed at. pretty standard for a koa. no complaints.

Quiet, clean and friendly

Very quiet, great family or older couples campground. Hook ups in good working order. Shop on site with all those last minute necessities. And some cool coastal gifts.

Awesome beaches

Chilly beaches, lovely views

quaint

fun off the hwy

Lincoln City! Need I say more?!

Its Lincoln City- the smaller sister city to Newport. Nice calming views and beach for days! They have the glass globe drops throughout the winter season and if you find one you keep it!! We didn't find one but we always have fun looking!! It is Oregon coast so it colder than California coast, and usually raining! So extra coat is a must!!

Tight—not much elbow room or privacy, but clean, friendly, adequate.

Sites very close together, no privacy.

The coast

Its a nice area about 10 mins from the ocean. Secluded enough that you can enjoy your surrounding

A Jewel of a KOA, Near Lincoln City's Coastal Beaches!

Let me preface this review by saying I am not, typically, a KOA camper. In my past experience, they have been commercial, crowded, and noisy, but I found this KOA to be an exception. Disclaimer: I stayed during the week, not on a weekend, and the tent site side of the campground was sparsely populated. Here, the RV pull-in sites are separated from the tent and cabin portion of the campground, with an office, the bathrooms and showers, (even laundry!) and a playground in between. The tent sites are surrounded on the outside by dense woods, and because the campground is about 5 miles off the highway, it was blissfully quiet and serene. The flush toilets, running water and hot showers were welcome, as I was traveling, and the bathroom was sparkling clean. It was just a short jaunt into town for a bowl of fresh clam chowder and to sit by the beach and enjoy the sound and smell of the surf. In the morning, (I got up at 5am) I scared up a marten by the large oak tree in my campsite, and it was such a pleasure to see this shy fellow up close! I would stay here again.